Liuhebafa - Students of Wu Yi Hui

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Liuhebafa - Students of Wu Yi Hui

Postby v_man on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:31 pm

if its true that "All internal principle and standards are the same," than we can go back to my question "why there is a big discrepancy between the first generation and second generation LHBF practitioner??" Did the transmission to the second generation lost somewhere?? Not being rude, I am asking a direction question and I hoping to get a direct answer or discussion so that can be agreed upon instead of going around in a circular manner.
v_man
Santi

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:10 pm

What do you see in difference in the next generation, what is your observation of the seperate performances? No one had a problem picking who or what they like in the first generation. There were very specific remarks made about each performer in the OP. Feel free to do the same now. If you think the next generation is lacking what is it that is or is not there.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby v_man on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:53 pm

I do see and I have said what I have to say but I don't see what you see. You leave no comments or discussion but rather a lack of. I ask directly but I still end up in a circle. A question is answered with another question. I guess that the next generation of LHBF practitioner is going to be a waste. The first generation moves and manipulates like child's play. The second generation is really good, they lack nothing but there are discrepancy's. The third generation the gap is widening and the fourth and fifth looks disheartening.

Wanderingdragon, I hope there are no hard feeling. Like the famous quote, "it's not you, it's me."

The third generation and variation of LHBF.

Last edited by v_man on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v_man
Santi

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 pm

I said earlier I don't mind constructive criticism, my form is a constant work in progress, here's a walk through.

http://youtu.be/QxCgqUfemMM
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby v_man on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:08 pm

Thank you. Your form is very firm and solid; nicely done. I think you are truly right, it is "a constant work in progress " for everyone. To be able to reach Chen Yiren or Zhang Chang Xin level, how long? How many hours? What sacrifices? What do I leave behind? What do I take? Do I adopt? Do I go forward and express to my heart content or do I go backward and ingrain what the first generation did.
v_man
Santi

Postby Strange on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm

i'm sorry if i interrupt.
just out of curiosity, v_man, can you share with us:
1) what is your martial arts training background? how many years?
2) are you training in LHBF currently? how long?
3) with respect, can you share who is your teacher and what lineage?
4) what/how is your zhanzhuang "status"?

thanks
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby suckinlhbf on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:54 pm

We are all friends.
V-man wants to know more about LHBF and to keep the style going too bad. He wants more discussion so the art can maintain.
He has years of martial art training with different teachers and styles. He experienced life and death situation at knife and gun point. Too much in his past life to mention.
I know him five years ago, and he has started to argue and challenge me since then. And it gets me thinking and try on him. Anyhow, he helps me a lot.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 pm

In that case and in light of his experience he can speak for himself. I only wonder what he can see and how his critique can help. So far he has only tried to stir the pot, honest discussion begins with honest and open opinion, not closed and pointed questioning. Internal principle is always visible. Honest study is always questioning , as he mentioned, but in my mind, I have always said the honesty of LHBF is always the reality of its technique, and such is in knowing the forms true intent, and myriad permutations. This we learn by doing.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:28 pm

I still don't know what discrepancy he speaks of between first and second generation. Please, V explain what it is you are seeing ?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 pm

WD. We have all spent quite some hours in it. I can read chinese so will study LHBF song and five word song from time to time. As strange has translated, the first sentence of five word song is "Xinyi in actuality has no methods; if there are any it is in emptiness". The LHBF song starts with "LHBF starts from the Xin (heart)". Xin has no methods but LHBF starts from it but with no methods. Then, what is LHBF and what are the ancestors trying to tell. I would study the philosophy as well as the technicality. It could take me into a different prospective than you do. There is no right and wrong. "The point is absolute" as you always say.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Strange on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:08 am

"To save one from mistake is the gift of paradise"
Stilgar to Lady Jessica

"A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it."
The First Law of Mentat, Paul Atreides quote in reply to Reverend Mother Gaius Mohiam
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:54 am

I beleive the philosophy is born of doing, so much I have written from my analysis of my own practice, I have come across in my reading.
" to follow the heart is in knowing skill "
In this way practical study allows you to understand/comprehend the philosophy, I find this to be deep understanding. Cerebral knowledge without practical understanding is the bane of modern martial arts IMO.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Strange on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:43 am

i do not know what the heck i say sometimes
but to post quotes from a book about a planet with no precipitation
on a thread about water fist is rich :D
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:06 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:I beleive the philosophy is born of doing, so much I have written from my analysis of my own practice, I have come across in my reading.
" to follow the heart is in knowing skill "
In this way practical study allows you to understand/comprehend the philosophy, I find this to be deep understanding. Cerebral knowledge without practical understanding is the bane of modern martial arts IMO.

this is very important point. the basic premise must be correct.
or else everything developed from there on may be wrong
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:31 am

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links