Fajin is not a push - Liang De Hua

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Fajin is not a push - Liang De Hua

Postby Bao on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:25 am

kenneth fish wrote:Fajin is not a push - and what Mr. Liang is demonstrating is not fajin.

+1
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm

It is not fa Jin it is using tricks on the vulnerable
Two other things I noticed were his laboured breathing while doing little
And the second his duplicitous manner
The second is harder to see but watch the way he sets up ,redirects and plays on the weakness of the other two
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Rhen on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm

These people are feeding him an arm and then stopping. No wonder it works.
Rhen

Postby kenneth fish on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Yang family "fajin" is no different from fajin in any other CMA. It is the result of engaging muscle groups in a specific fashion (including muscles not ordinarily thought of as under conscious control) and within the context of specific mechanical alignments to deliver a coordinated force in a strike, grip, or throw. There is generally considerable acceleration involved (although not necessarily visible to the observer). As Wayne correctly stated, Liang is just employing tricks of balance on the gullible.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:12 pm

oragami_itto wrote:
I was in a mosh pit at a Danzig concert at first avenue a few years back. I went outside for a breath of fresh air and a couple of guys came up and confronted me about being too aggressive and hurting people. Apparently they had both bounced off me and got knocked down and thought I was doing it on purpose and I hadn't even noticed. I had sung, ting, and root on autopilot, they were regular scattered muggles..

Maybe you did.

If done as you've noted. purposeless purpose.

What you related sounds confused between having "central equilibrium" in which anything coming into contact with it will be bounced back by its force if the force is not sufficient to overcome it this tends to be unconscious a product of training, and being consciously on guard , neutralizing, dissolving and releasing the force back the point of some peoples training.

just a thought.

As to the clip. For those who've tried it kudos,,,,its the only way to really know about something.
As noted while interesting it kind of depends on how its presented and what the intended use is for.

While it can be good for explaining and demoing different ideas, sometimes people get trapped in the ideas that they explain
and lose sight of the point....Those looking for something can lose sight of their own reality feeling they've found it.
One must know and understand what one is really seeking.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:04 pm

kenneth fish wrote:Yang family "fajin" is no different from fajin in any other CMA. It is the result of engaging muscle groups in a specific fashion (including muscles not ordinarily thought of as under conscious control) and within the context of specific mechanical alignments to deliver a coordinated force in a strike, grip, or throw. There is generally considerable acceleration involved (although not necessarily visible to the observer). As Wayne correctly stated, Liang is just employing tricks of balance on the gullible.

Thank you for the response. I'll be honest and say I don't quite understand it, but that's on me.

windwalker wrote:One must know and understand what one is really seeking.

Just something to work on for the next 60 years or so, that's all.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links