Deep Butterfly Half for Graham & Pete

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Deep Butterfly Half for Graham & Pete

Postby fuga on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm

True. I get really short with folks around me.

So when I can't train, I lift or do conditioning circuits.

I was lucky that we had a number of open mats during the holidays so I only had four days off at the most.
fuga
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:20 am

Totally with you on that one.

I trained alot of Taiji over the break to balance it out, but it was good to get back on the mat and roll.

However ... this back injury is turning out to be a right bugger. slept on the floor last night which helped. Its just muscular i think which is good.

Fuga,

Cheers for that, I think i will start every roll from side control now just to get more familiar with it.

Chris.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:43 am

Regular Tai chi practice is good for everything I think - even strains in your back :)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:32 am

Problem with back strains and Martial Artists is that sometimes you just have to STOP, let the back rest and heal before we GO again. We always tend to think there's something we can be doing while/to help it along, and the back sometimes really wants/needs to be just allowed to heal.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby middleway on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 am

thanks WD,

Yeh i have given it 48 hours, letting all the muscles relax etc so will start some movement tomorrow. That's what most places recommend now.

Cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 am

Chris - sounds like you have achieved a vital first step!

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:15 am

OOOOOh, a good case in point for stand up fighting, the only problems I have with any of my joints is the wear and tear of aging only, and Ive had opportunity and still have opportunity to enjoy kicking asses :D
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:OOOOOh, a good case in point for stand up fighting, the only problems I have with any of my joints is the wear and tear of aging only, and Ive had opportunity and still have opportunity to enjoy kicking asses :D

Yeah - until you trip over - then you'll be triple fucked and your healthy joints won't mean dick ;D
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:27 pm

I love giving you the razz G, but you always really believe what you say, I have said over and over, I understand the efficacy of rolling, but to me it's different than it is for you, my immediate goal is to find my way back to my feet, if at some point I gain superior position or top or whatever it's called in rolling, I will hurt something and then get up but no matter what, I will get up. Now I will give you some more to take issue with, when you can fight, you never trip, you always have your opponent as a support, if he cant hold you up then it will be his surprise when he's going down. And one last thing, nothing means dick to me, but pussy, :D thats what really gets it up
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby fuga on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:55 pm

fuga
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:I love giving you the razz G, but you always really believe what you say, I have said over and over, I understand the efficacy of rolling, but to me it's different than it is for you, my immediate goal is to find my way back to my feet, if at some point I gain superior position or top or whatever it's called in rolling, I will hurt something and then get up but no matter what, I will get up. Now I will give you some more to take issue with, when you can fight, you never trip, you always have your opponent as a support, if he cant hold you up then it will be his surprise when he's going down. And one last thing, nothing means dick to me, but pussy, :D thats what really gets it up

;D

Dude, dont worry, im not razzed,whatever that means, but I'm pretty sure you have trouble getting up on your own, forget about doing it with somebody sitting on you :-* now stop trolling BJJ threads and get back to your passive aggressive world of LHBF form ctriques :o ;D
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm

If you want to stay on your feet and avoid grappling then wrestling or judo is the way to go. In fact in Judo if one stands both are made to stand.

Yeah, I only took 4 days off too but still...;)

I took two weaks off of judo, went back last night and damn am I in pain! The good news though is that bjj seems like a walk in the park in comparison.
Last edited by gzregorz on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:40 pm

True. Throwing is way more risky, dangerous and difficult. I'm too old for that :)
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Here's my favorite example of someone getting dragged into deep water. Sometimes you just can't get up.

fuga
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Awesome video Pete ;D

I think this next video (jj black vs [heavier] BJJ purple) really shows the other side of finding yourself out of depth on the ground. You simply get crushed, you can't breathe, you cant escape, you start to panic - it's all over.

Check out the sounds he makes as he slowly drowns on dry land.... My intro to BJJ was along these lines :)

Last edited by GrahamB on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links