Zhong Hua Si Mian Ba Fang Tong Bei Quan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Zhong Hua Si Mian Ba Fang Tong Bei Quan

Postby ashe on Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 pm

discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Re: Zhong Hua Si Mian Ba Fang Tong Bei Quan

Postby Craig on Wed May 14, 2008 4:47 am

I have no idea what I'm looking at but he seems to move well.

Question: is the looking down part of the form, or is it a bad habit this guy has picked up?
Craig
Great Old One

Postby SPJ on Wed May 14, 2008 6:46 am

yes, eyes are supposed to follow the palms.

I think maybe he is making sure the floor is clear or his turning/grinding step is correct.

In Ba Gua, they are called kou bu (toe side inward) and bai bu (toe side outward).

His stepping is good. It is very confusing for stepping in an figure 8.

at least for when people start to practice.

???
SPJ
Wuji

Postby Monkfit Master on Sat May 31, 2008 4:12 am

Craig wrote:I have no idea what I'm looking at but he seems to move well.

Question: is the looking down part of the form, or is it a bad habit this guy has picked up?

The First clip is part of Pao Quan. The fourth fist set learnt in 'Zhong Hua Si Mian Ba Fang Tong Bei Quan' or the 'Fist from the back in every direction' is 'Pao Quan' or 'Cannon Fist'. As the name implies, this is a very powerful fist set and, as such, requires a great deal of concentration and effort on the practitioners' part to learn. 'Pao Quan' is a relatively short fist set to perform, but the movements generated by the body when performing 'Pao Quan' have devastating effects if applied in a combat situation.

The second clip is Wang Hong Jun Performing Ba Zi Bu. The sixth section of 'Zhong Hua Si Mian Ba Fang Tong Bei Quan is 'Ba Zi Bu' or 'Eight Character Step'. On a superficial level, 'Ba Zi Bu' can be compared to Ba gua. However, there are some important distinctions between the two. Practitioners of Ba gua walk in circles of varying size either in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction (obviously Ba gua is not just practiced in circles). 'Ba Zi Bu' requires one to walk in figures of eight. A great deal of emphasis is placed on the motion of the hands, arms, feet, legs and waist when practising 'Ba Zi Bu' and, when performed, is done so at great speed.

We never practice looking down, but then I’ve only done about a year of Ba Zi Bu. It looks like the back of Master’s home in Jun Tun so in could be as simple as there being rubble on the ground, especially if Lau Song had been around lol. I’m not sure. He doesn’t need the worry about being hit but I know he is not doing it out of bad habit. I’ll ask my teacher.

I'd forwad to about 1 min 50 on this clip.

Monkfit Master
Santi

Return to Video Links