Baji on ESPN

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Baji on ESPN

Postby Bajitanglang on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:21 am

SPJ
I personally like to train as close to the exact way as i can with my limited knowledge, i myself agree with all of the history and i agree with my older brother as well.
I find however that todays combatants whether they be in the ring or on the street have alot less patience than we do as well as time.
A police officer for example needs to work and he will not have the time or the desire i have to train all day.

I would like some opinions on what you guys think would be good to add from baji to extend their effectiveness
Right now i start them on one punches 4-5 different types, and 4 different da chung exercises.
Then eight warrior movements(plus two man), leading into the linking form and into xiao, then da. (throughout the entire time the hit pads, each other, they drill the throws, the use collapsing combinations on pads and each other you know sorpion kick punch elbow kao or punch elbow shoulder throw etc.)

on a different day i make them drill basic mantis drills (depending on what they have) and spar with padded weapons or san shou gear hand to hand.
they do consequtive mantis forms to increase anarobic ability as well as aroebic. then they grapple 2 to three times a week in an hour and a half session. Then sunday they get scrutinized in a closed door class by the elders of our family (the ones that are in the door) the others train at home(supposedly).

Any suggestions to add or subtract from anyone?
James
Bajitanglang
Santi

Re: Baji on ESPN

Postby kreese on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:47 am

So we're all happy right? Well, I'm happy. Now I really hope I can make it to Ohio. I'm starting to miss the good ole U.S. of A...
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links