Fedor vs. Sylvia

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Fedor vs. Sylvia

Postby splashinghands on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:10 pm

splashinghands
Santi

Re: Fedor vs. Sylvia

Postby gasmaster on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:16 pm

damn!
gasmaster
Great Old One

Postby chud on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:45 pm

Fedor is amazing.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:22 am

download here - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3PXBNVU3

small file (4.6 MB)

Nice spoiler there Chud - I'm sure everyone appreciates it
Finny
Great Old One

Postby kemper boyd on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:21 am

Fedor is just so good .... damn is right
kemper boyd
Santi

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:29 am

Finny wrote:Nice spoiler there Chud - I'm sure everyone appreciates it

Nah, I don't think anyone actually expected a different outcome. :P

Now this is a fight where I would hate to get any spoilers:

Two of my favorite "MMA" guys, from the very beginning, before they got all their belts and whistles. :)
Last edited by Dmitri on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:55 am

Yeah well

I'd just about bet the farm that those two will get it on some time over the next 12 months

Fedor has said he'll fight maybe twice more this year - once or twice between now and NYE, and on NYE in Japan

I'm betting he'll now defend his Affliction (or WAMMA or whatever) Title against either Arlovski or Barnett or both - I'm betting Randy/Fedor will probably be early '09
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:28 am

Barnett Vs. Fedor is going to be awsome - (also biased - Barnett comes from my Gym (AMC)) I think Barnett deserves it more than Randy - if anything Randy should be asking for a rematch with Barnett (that would be a great fight)
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby everything on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:25 am

Randy is unfortunately getting a bit too old at 45 to Fedor's 32. The time is slipping by for that dream matchup regardless of any legal issues. Too bad. Randy is just too overmatched in age, weight, recency of fights. Otherwise two brilliant strategists and athletes matching up would be awesome.

Barnett might be able to KO Fedor with a lucky strike. I doubt Arlovski could do it because his distancing is too predictable and Fedor would easily exploit it. Let's face it, who IS there for Fedor to fight? It's a little like asking who is there to compete against Tiger Woods in golf. Sure, on any given day, someone might have a lucky day. That is about it.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby qiphlow on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:19 pm

tim needs to learn how to take a punch if he's gonna go against guys like that.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:40 pm

qiphlow wrote:tim needs to learn how to take a punch if he's gonna go against guys like that.

Maybe he needs to learn how to box a bit better, too. It's interesting how so many of the champs now are/were primarily strikers, or use striking to get to the submissions. It's true that Randy is getting up there, but imo he beat the big guys by improving his striking skills to the point where they were superior. Shucks, he just learned how to move his head and keep his hands up.

Then again, anybody can get caught.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:50 pm

yeah, i agree with you there, steve. seems like he's gotten to rely on his 50 foot arms keeping people out, but it seems folks are starting to figure out how to get past that.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Randy and Tim went five rounds - Fedor took Tim out in the first round.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Kurt Robbins wrote:Randy and Tim went five rounds - Fedor took Tim out in the first round.

If you watch that other fight, Randy almost took him out in the first few seconds also; the only thing that saved him from immediate knockout is Randy's "mistake" of taking him down and letting him regain composure instead of just continuing to punch.

Tim appears to be much "slower" (much less sensitive) than both of these guys.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:59 am

Right, some guys just start slow. But, I don't think that anyone could count on a 36 second bout. If I were looking at it from a boxing pov, I'd say that neither fighter had any chance at all to figure the other out. How many boxing matches between great boxers end in 1 minute? I'm just saying that Tim allowed himself to get caught, and I think even he'd agree that he could have prevented it. Like qiflow said, Tim seemed to keep him arms out (instead of a snapping jab, etc). Yes, that kind of straight-arm can hold out someone, or line them up for shot. The problems are: 1) once they're out, they have to come back some to be useful; so they're easier to counter: and 2) they leave you subject to hooks and uppercuts. I think the clip is a good example.

Then again, as Mike T used to say, "Everybody has a plan, until they get hit."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links