6 Harmony Mantis Liang Yi

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: 6 Harmony Mantis Liang Yi

Postby kreese on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:16 am

Those are mad entering and throwing skills!!!

Does he say something about "website!" in the second clip, about halfway through?
Last edited by kreese on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:28 am

JAB wrote:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI-pT50eME8
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ldaUTawsAU4
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZutQkUk6J2U

Some of the Hu-ster.
Enjoy,
Jake 8-)

His entries and throws are very interesting -- move straight into the middle door, stick, blend, and BOOM! It's a little too "head-on" for my Bagua taste, but I still like it. ;D

Judging by his preference to throws and takedowns, the man's obviously spent time doing Shuai Jiao.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Jake:

By "rummest" - most unsual/most un-mantis-ish (compared to Taiji, Meihua and Chilsong Mantis, that is). Just to my eyes of course; not saying it's a bad thing.

Great clips of Hu - nice to see the skinny little meister hurling big boys around. Throws and entries look very Taiji to me. (So chuck that into the mix, too!) BTW, was that you getting slapped down in clip #2?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:36 pm

It is me in most of them. Big. Bald. White. Goofy.
He is not head on at all. Camera angle does not covey well, but he actually works minute little angles!
www.sixharmoniesmantis.com
Hu Laoshi was a student of Pu Liu (Pu En Fu) in Shuai Chiao. ;) Check out the articles on my site www.threeharmonies.com for more info on Pu, Hu, and Liuhe tanglang.
Cheers
Jake 8-)
JAB

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:22 pm

JAB wrote:
Kreese,

It is said that somewhere in the annals of history that there has been an exchange of info between Dai Family Xin Yi and Liuhe Tanglang. I cannot find anything in English, and have not found much in Chinese, though I am limited to what I can find. I have tried to inquire with some Dai folks in the past about this, but no one seemed interested in sharing what they deemed "secrets" to me, an outsider. So I pretty much gave up on trying to connect dots.

Cheers
Jake

Jake like I have said to you on more than one occasion, it is not me withholding information with you, it is because I don't know, it's as simple as that.

I have asked many questions pertaining to all aspects of history of Dai Xin Yi Quan (and it's origins, XYLHQ, Tang Lang Quan) and only get a very, very brief answer with no meat at all. All I heard recently is that Jin Shikui was a servant of the Dai's.

As for the mantis influence in Dai Xin Yi Quan all that was pointed out were a few techniques in our "Wu Tang Za Shi" (5 sequence locking postures), which has as the foundational move, Tang Lang Xing (from Qi Xiao Xing=7 small animals), repeated, 4 times in each Tang (Tang=sequence/set).

I never practised Mantis before, so I cannot name the technique's for you, but can describe a few 1. upward block, but leading to the side like Xing Yi pau quan 2. 2 linked punches to the chest (palm down), wu tang za shi (elbow strike, later followed by wrapping/shoulder method).

I don't think anyone can answer the questions you have, apart from some people in China, even then it is not a easy job, you would have to live there for a while and visit many people to try and combine information, but I guess the majority of it is fairy tales, like most martial art stories.

I don't know where people get the story that Jin Shikui practised a certain type of mantis, I am sure that is not known. If you have any Chinese articles, than if you can forward them to me and I will get someone to read them to me.

JB.
Last edited by Dai Zhi Qiang on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:27 pm

C.J.Wang wrote:I've read in Chinese books and magazines that there had been interaction between Dai Xinyi founder and a mantis expert. I am not sure whether the mantis expert is from the Liuhe school. If memory serves me right, he was a seven star/plum flower mantis guy.

Is it possible for you to forward the links to me regarding these articles?

Appreciate it.

JB.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:12 pm

JB
Relax. Nothing was directed to you bro.
Jake
JAB

Previous

Return to Video Links