Chen Bing push hands

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Chen Bing push hands

Postby Feihu on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Chen Bing in Miami at a MMA school:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBBhVLbDgk
Feihu
Mingjing

Re: Chen Bing push hands

Postby kreese on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:17 am

Can you please tell use which form movements these throws originate from?
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:32 am

All he is doing is grabbing them and turning. That MMA student is lucky because he got to feel Chen Bing's body during that throw.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby kreese on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:52 am

And a throw is just a throw...but as someone in the a throw is not just a throw phase, the info would help me. Thanks.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:24 am

kreese wrote:And a throw is just a throw...but as someone in the a throw is not just a throw phase, the info would help me. Thanks.

I am sorry but what you said above makes no sense to me.

As near as I can tell the throws don't originate from any specific taiji movements I know, and they aren't really any shuai jiao throws I know by name either. The first throw looks like he is turning his body to the left while his left foot is forward, that is similar to the body motion in the repulse monkey type move in the 24 yang form that comes after the second single whip. The second throw he turns his body to the right and has his left foot forward and right foot back, this is similar to starting a single whip. Those are my best guesses.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Feihu on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:14 am

kreese wrote:Can you please tell use which form movements these throws originate from?

Good question, not exactly sure. There are elements of several movements from Chen form, like flash the back in Yilu Xinjia, or a couple of transitional movements where the body spins while throwing. I just liked how crisp and clean the throws were, but not a big deal. :)
Feihu
Mingjing

Postby Feihu on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:15 am

kreese wrote:And a throw is just a throw...but as someone in the a throw is not just a throw phase, the info would help me. Thanks.

Huh? I am not sure what you are asking, Kreese?
Feihu
Mingjing

Postby C.J.Wang on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 am

I'd incline to think that Mr. Chen's lucky that the MMA guys didn't throw down a challenge and drag him to the ground.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:54 am

C.J.Wang wrote:I'd incline to think that Mr. Chen's lucky that the MMA guys didn't throw down a challenge and drag him to the ground.

Aye because that is how those guys might treat an mt or boxing coach is it ???
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:55 am

C.J.Wang wrote:I'd incline to think that Mr. Chen's lucky that the MMA guys didn't throw down a challenge and drag him to the ground.

Why is that? It is obvious from the demonstration that Mr. Chen had the advantage in body position. His structure was sound and the MMA guy was off balance and forward weighted. It would have been very difficult for him to take down Mr. Chen in that position.

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby TaoJoannes on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:16 am

kreese wrote:Can you please tell use which form movements these throws originate from?

Looks like repulse monkey to me.

And now I really regret not going to that seminar. :(
Last edited by TaoJoannes on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Feihu on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:50 am

Maybe so, I don't know, wasn't there, but I did hear from people that were, that Chen Bing was impressive and did go at it with anyone that wanted to give it a go, including punches, kicks, take downs, finishing techniques, etc. I don't know if any ground fighting was shown, but I doubt it. It certainly would be interesting to see how a Chen teacher like Chen Bing would deal (or not deal) with being taken to the ground though. ;D
Feihu
Mingjing

Postby Bhassler on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:36 pm

Left foot forward, turn right happens all the time, could be part of Cross Single Whip. Left foot forward, turn left could be transition out of cross single whip into the first Deliver the Hammer.

Both are fairly generic, so could be said to come froma any number of movements in the form.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Brady on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:50 pm

He looked well stacked vertically . . . I would like to get the chance to feel this guys throw.
Brady
Wuji

Postby sdf on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:42 pm

Laojia, Xinjia
sdf
Santi

Next

Return to Video Links