Chen Pan Ling Taiji

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chen Pan Ling Taiji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:21 pm

It's all good. Most of the versions of CPL taiji are solid stuff. Glad you're enjoying it.

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby TaoBoxer on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 am

Dave,

Col Chang told me that exact thing.... That despite some half steps, some beng quan, and some apparent circling, there was no XY or BG in the CPL Taiji. It was humblinf to hear a 90 y/o man refer over and over again to how "Master chen pan ling did this or that." He always refered back to his teacher and never called himself the authority on the subject.

As for who has the best version of the set... I have no idea. I talk pretty regularly with Kent Howard who is a student of Wang's main disciple in Taiwan. I'll ask him if there is any good footage out there.

As for NEIMA, I'm all for it! I say we make some Cthullu Tshirts and start selling lifetime memberships!

Lewitt
Never go full retard
TaoBoxer
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 pm

"WSJ's version is the best out there right now."

I don't think so. Wang did stuff in santi and just didn't move around much because he couldn't because of his diabetes. I'll take Luo's version any day....Obviously.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby XiaoXiong on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:35 pm

I think Wang's is the best example of CPL taiji I've seen on the web. I think that's what Formosa was saying as well. Luo's version is certainly the clearest I've seen. But few will show as much on video as he does in person.
j
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Few can.
Buddy
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links