Julio Cesar Chavez (boxing)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Julio Cesar Chavez (boxing)

Postby klonk on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:38 am

I'm impressed with the way this fellow moves. It shows the importance of hitting with the legs and body, not just the arms. Notice that quite often, he does not seem to be exerting very much in the arms and shoulders, they are loose, free and easy, but he is hitting very hard. The compactness of his movements is also admirable.

Anybody else see a similarity here to IMA, particularly xingyi? Compare and contrast.

Last edited by klonk on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Re: Julio Cesar Chavez (boxing)

Postby kenneth fish on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 am

Really excellent boxer - one of the best I have seen in a long time. Not only does he get his force from his hips and legs (and move as a coordinated unit), he really understands how to distance, slip and stay close, and even more rare, he maintains his mechanics as he advances and punches with combinations. Wow.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:36 am

I agree with Dr. Fish. Nice harmony between legs, hips, shoulders and hands. Notice how his arms are well bent at 90 deg. on his power punches. Not very much related to xyq frame but very good structure and use of it.
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:02 am

He is unrelenting close in and always attacking. Thanks for posting.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Return to Video Links