Sifu Jason Tsou discussing bagua technique

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Sifu Jason Tsou discussing bagua technique

Postby count on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:25 am

Well I liked it Bob. ;D

The second clip actually has more to do with tai chi. It's discussing White Crane spreads it's wings, from Yang style.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:08 pm

In the first clip it looks like he's using 搬 bān (Moving) and it sounds like he's saying 'ban jin'. Would that be correct?

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby count on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:42 pm

D_Glenn wrote:In the first clip it looks like he's using 搬 bān (Moving) and it sounds like he's saying 'ban jin'. Would that be correct?

Very possible, but I'm not sure. One of the things about Jason is his language skills are excellent. Since our classes were about half Americans and Half Chinese or other, it was always natural to hear him speak both Chinese and English simultaneously as he goes around the room. My language skills are awful, but I always take things in context and seem to go right past the Chinese. I think I heard what you heard, but he went on to talk about "big bird". That would be something like phoenix in some systems. And in context, even though I wasn't there this time, he's talking about the natural opening from monkey to phoenix.

I'd have to defer to your expertise on the energy and Chinese terms. I thought he said baji as some of the guys in the group there are baji students and not bagua students. But again, I wasn't at that workshop. I wish I saw this this morning. I could have asked him for you at lunch today. :-\
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Return to Video Links