First look at Hung Fa Yi Siu Nim Tao

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

First look at Hung Fa Yi Siu Nim Tao

Postby Eric_H on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey Guys,

My Sifu finally let us release a clip late last month. It's not the greatest, but it gives an ok look at our first form.

It's on vimeo, so I don't know if I can embed it here the same as youtube? ???

http://www.hungfablog.com/2012/01/29/fi ... published/
http://www.hungfakwoon.com/ - Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Global HQ.
Eric_H
Anjing

Re: First look at Hung Fa Yi Siu Nim Tao

Postby WingTsunChap on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks for the upload!

This is the first Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun I've seen. Very different to what I do in Wing Tsun, but interesting. Some of the circular hand movements in your form remind me a little of some Pa Fa Lien Wing Chun I saw (though their method was perhaps more relaxed and flowing - no breaks in the movement, if that makes sense).

Upload some more :-) :-)
MikeK on what most RSF threads are about: "I have a giant cock. My teacher has a giant cock. I am not willing to show you my cock. My teacher is the only person who learnt how to use his cock properly."
WingTsunChap
Santi

Postby Sean on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:52 am

Care to explain some of the concepts behind the movements?
Sean
Wuji

Postby Eric_H on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 pm

WingTsunChap wrote:Thanks for the upload!

This is the first Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun I've seen. Very different to what I do in Wing Tsun, but interesting. Some of the circular hand movements in your form remind me a little of some Pa Fa Lien Wing Chun I saw (though their method was perhaps more relaxed and flowing - no breaks in the movement, if that makes sense).

Upload some more :-) :-)

We're working on getting more videos made up. My Sifu would like to have us film some application clips in the next 6 months, so there will be more to see soon!

Sean wrote:Care to explain some of the concepts behind the movements?

Sure,

We break our Siu Nim Tao down into three sections (you can see the break because the clip flashes a bit).
- The opening outlines the theories that define the hardware (box theory, centerline, 4 gate/6gate/body-Tien Yan Dei)
- The first section (from the tahn sao) shows centerline and saam sing jong (three triangle structure) which shows how we support from the left, right and center zones.
- Second section shows the three Faat Sao, which outline how we deal with outside the box structure (Kiu Sao). Outside the box can mean range or facing.
-Third section shows the Saam Sing Jong Kiu Sao which deals with the 3 timezones as a form of engagement and strategy. This section also has the Siu Lam signature of Eagle, Dragon and Crane together.

I can get more specific about any of the motions you'd like to know more about, just let me know which ones.
http://www.hungfakwoon.com/ - Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Global HQ.
Eric_H
Anjing

Postby SimonMW on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:27 pm

I'll get my coat...
SimonMW
Santi

Return to Video Links