Angry Johnny

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Angry Johnny

Postby gzregorz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:00 pm

My office is in Fairfield over by Costco. Once I heal up is it cool if I drop in one day?

Beginners judo is fine with me.

Is Fabio's by the base?
Last edited by gzregorz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 pm

I think it would be fine. Just give me a heads up and I will let Dr. Tanaka know.

Def would be fine to visit Fabio's. He is not near the base. Close to the JC, I think. Near our old club at Millennium Sports Club.

Vallejo is Wed nights, John's class is Tues Thurs, plus special weekend classes for competitors.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Cool! I'll let you know my office is right by the Solano JC.

I've actually driven by Fabio's once when I had to do a delivery in Vacaville. What are times?

Training at a JC sounds like a good way to save some money, something I need to do more of. Btw, the Japanese will be at ebji starting on Wednesday the 13.
Last edited by gzregorz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Just edited the above.

Btw, I hear there's a jits school by the base that allegedly likes to rough up visitors.
Last edited by gzregorz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:47 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:Wellp,'there you have it, two different perspectives, knowing the center and controlling the center, when you see in those terms it's all pretty internal, recognizing gravity and maintaining your center.
I have to say though, it seems as though you missed a lot of what " Angry Johnnie " was doing in those clips.

Er....yeah....

So I went and looked up his background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Jones_%28fighter%29

...Before beginning his MMA career, Jones was a stand-out high school wrestler and state champion at Union-Endicott High
School in upstate New York.[15] He won a national JUCO championship at Iowa Central Community College.

Jones's UFC debut came against Andre Gusmão at UFC 87 on August 9, 2008. ...snip... He put on an impressive performance using takedowns and displaying unorthodox striking,. .

In his second fight, Jones fought veteran Stephan Bonnar at UFC 94 on January 31, 2009. Jones showed superior wrestling abilities and executed strong takedowns and powerful throws including a suplex.

Jones' third fight was against Jake O'Brien at UFC 100[23] on July 11, 2009. Jones controlled the majority of the fight by stuffing takedown attempts from his opponent. ...snip...Jones eventually secured a modified guillotine choke which rendered his opponent briefly unconscious just after he tapped.

And then there's his UFC record with 8 KO/TKO and slightly less but hardly negligible 6 by sumbission.

But I'm sure his high school and then collegiat wrestling and then the collegiate wrestling championship wins have nothing to do with his ability to maintain a base, stay standing and stuff takedown attempts. I'm sure it's all stuff he picked up after he got into MMA in 2008 and has nothing to do with the Division and regional wrestling championships he won before that. ;)
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 am

I have said before, and not to belittle wrestling,jits, or any grapplers delight, but it is basic fighting, step one, schoolyard. It's missing in almost all IMA as so many come to the art having never learned to fight, taken for granted by many teachers, taught as an after thought by some, unknown to most, why so many serious today go elsewhere looking for it, but taught first by masters.
" er yeah " only suggests that you should think about the statement. Your clips suggest you have studied traditional, but your tone today suggest that you may be one who has found a need to go in search.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 am

Bollocks. Frankly.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby kshurika on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:48 am

Bailewen wrote:

But I'm sure his high school and then collegiat wrestling and then the collegiate wrestling championship wins have nothing to do with his ability to maintain a base, stay standing and stuff takedown attempts.

Right, bailewen. Wrestling did absolutely nothing for Bones. Also, Tim Cartmell is just being dramatic when he states frequently that wrestlers always have the edge when they get into other martial arts.
kshurika
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am

Peace to the rocka-rollahs, got know problem -joint-
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 am

kshurika wrote:Bailewen wrote:

But I'm sure his high school and then collegiat wrestling and then the collegiate wrestling championship wins have nothing to do with his ability to maintain a base, stay standing and stuff takedown attempts.

Right, bailewen. Wrestling did absolutely nothing for Bones. Also, Tim Cartmell is just being dramatic when he states frequently that wrestlers always have the edge when they get into other martial arts.

I can't tell if you missed the sarcasm in Bsilewen's post, or you're just doubling up on the sarcasm by adding your own :)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:22 am

Can someone tell me the difference between schoolyard, high school, and collegiate, and professional wrestling ? Other than relative intellect and physical stature.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby npc on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:31 am

high school n collegiate are wrestling on a mat
olympic is the level after
professional is strictly live and filmed entertainment
schoolyard implies to me elementary or not immersive

yeah elbows have become homogenized
jonny popularized it and now everyone tries to manipulate position to rain elbows to cut open their opponent . .
Last edited by npc on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
npc
Anjing

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 am

Besides relative intellect.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi Greg,

Send you a pm.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Can someone tell me the difference between schoolyard, high school, and collegiate, and professional wrestling ? Other than relative intellect and physical stature.

I am going to just go with the above being a serious question, even though it doesn't seem to be...

Schoolyard...no trained technique.

High school, college, and Olympic...lots of refined technique, very strict training, very high level of fitness, lots of time practicing against resisting opponents.

Prowrastling......really?
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links