Bruce Lee on Taijiquan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Bruce Lee on Taijiquan

Postby Repulsive Monkey on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:00 pm

baguamen22 wrote:
Repulsive Monkey wrote:It's a shame passed up on the internal for the external.
It's a shame that some people still today believe that Bruce was the best martial artist around when he doesn't have a clue about Taiji.

This is a very ignorant comment.

Why is it?
Repulsive Monkey
Santi

Postby baguamen22 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:16 pm

It is ignorant because you obviously know little about Bruce Lee and what he understood. That comment in the interview he made to Pierre Burton was saying that the majority of people back then practiced Taijiquan for health reasons, and that it was mostly done by older people. That doesn't mean he had not met people who couldn't use Taiji to fight, but it meant that most who did it couldn't fight with it.

If you haven't watched the video that Cdobe posted with Dan Lee talking about Bruce and Taiji, then I suggest you watch.

Plus in my 14 years of martial arts, of doing various styles including Yang Taiji; I have just begun to learn that fighting doesn't have a style.
baguamen22
Santi

Postby Wu_Style_Disciple on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:29 pm

I guess that's what happens when things are taken out of context. We only saw and heard what was in the video clip and responded to it.

baguamen22 wrote:It is ignorant because you obviously know little about Bruce Lee and what he understood. That comment in the interview he made to Pierre Burton was saying that the majority of people back then practiced Taijiquan for health reasons, and that it was mostly done by older people. That doesn't mean he had not met people who couldn't use Taiji to fight, but it meant that most who did it couldn't fight with it.

If you haven't watched the video that Cdobe posted with Dan Lee talking about Bruce and Taiji, then I suggest you watch.

Plus in my 14 years of martial arts, of doing various styles including Yang Taiji; I have just begun to learn that fighting doesn't have a style.
David McKenzie :: http://wustyle.com :: http://youtube.com/dhjmckenzie :: http://dhjmckenzie.googlepages.com/wust ... nstruction

"Your training is nothing! The will is everything!" ~ Henri Ducard to Bruce Wayne, Batman Begins
Wu_Style_Disciple
Mingjing

Postby chud on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:09 pm

Great thread Bao. I'll always respect Bruce Lee for his fanatical training regime.
Baguamen22: thanks for the links.
Cdobe: thanks for the vid.
chud
Great Old One

Postby baguamen22 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:10 pm

No prob. ;)
baguamen22
Santi

Postby Andy_S on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:28 am

Bah. For the vast majority of Taiji practitioners then and now, Lee was right on.

Perhaps one reason he personally did not take it up - and moved away from WC, which includes sloooo-mo forms - is that he couldn't stand still.

And of course: Had they ever met head on, Fedor would have flattened him.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links