Kao Shou Fan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Kao Shou Fan

Postby Overlord on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:53 am

Overlord

Re: Kao Shou Fan

Postby Strange on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:17 am

can you tell me what this style is? thanks
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:52 am

Kao Shou Fan aka kao shou fan zi quan, 銬手翻子拳, was passed down from Master Wen Jing Ming 溫敬銘.

It is comprised of 8 sets of forms, short, crispy, robust, continuous, practical,snappy and slippery. The ren la zuan move is one of its trademark, where one hand diffuse opponents punch and another hand slip straight to the nose. It is also characterized by its low heel snappy kicking and hand-cuffed hands movement.

Honestly, I don't know much about this style(sweaty, very sweaty!). For more information, please check this book! I found the flavor of this art a delight.

Hope that is enough info!
Last edited by Overlord on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Overlord

Postby Strange on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:54 pm

i see... sorry i'm not quite familiar with fanzi... looks changquanish...
thanks
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:22 am

This fanzi is a little bit different from other styles of fanzi, depending on whom is interpreting it. It won't hurt to read through the book and analysis its content, and to test the techniques it discussed. Unlike the clips, demonstration in the books utilized a lot sanqibu and liusibu and put a lot of emphasis on zhengjing. The well sketch pictorial techniques/explanation make it an easy reading. Master Wen treasure this form a lot; I am just happy to come across a clip like this. Glad you enjoy it.
Last edited by Overlord on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Postby salcanzonieri on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:26 pm

This type of fanzi is connected to XY, the hand movements are analogous to XY animals such as Horse, snake, turtle, crane.
Also, similar stepping patterns (book details the hand movements, not legs), his son hid stuff in his commercial video, he details legs, not hands. His father's book details hands not legs.
Last edited by salcanzonieri on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salcanzonieri
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:35 am

Oh, you bet, his son hide the lots!! Yep, because Master Wen was trained under Master Zhang Chang Xing for a while.
Overlord

Return to Video Links