Jake Mace has literally ruined Youtube for me.

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Jake Mace has literally ruined Youtube for me.

Postby chud on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:47 am

grzegorz wrote:I think I've actually met Jake once and I remember he was a nice guy and very dedicated.

That's the thing, if he applied that dedication to some good material he'd really have something to be proud of.
chud
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 am

I agree, I don't know who he trained with or what he did since then but then again I also don't use my time watching stuff I don't like because I don't even have the time to watch the stuff I do like. Between training, running, working everyday, teaching and spending time with the fam, etc... YouTube is a luxury. I wish I had the problem of having too much time on my hands.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby chud on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:59 am

grzegorz wrote:I agree, I don't know who he trained with or what he did since then...

I believe he's a former Shaolin-Do guy who went his own way.
chud
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:03 am

I believe I met him at a BKF seminar. He was talking about having his own training hall/school with cement floors in Arizona if I recall correctly and I remember being slightly surprised that he already had a huge school. Which would all make sense. For better or worse BKF likes to talk about why this stuff is good for you and everyone should do it, which Jake seems to do to.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 am

I do agree with you Chud. The friendly advice I would give him is to hook up with someone who actually teaches the fighting side of these arts and keep training and never stop learning.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:03 am

Gorgeous blonde named Jack *Mace* (fer fecks sake) is promoting himself on youtube with bawww gwaaaw and you complain? He's like Jack Bauer lite with a great haircut. C'mon!

This is the new apple pie fellers. How can you be against American?

This thread is wonderful.
Michael

Postby Mr_Wood on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 am

grzegorz wrote:I do agree with you Chud. The friendly advice I would give him is to hook up with someone who actually teaches the fighting side of these arts and keep training and never stop learning.

Yeah, it seems like he has invested a lot of time and money already in setting up his school, so if he followed this advice, in several years his skill and youtube vids should have improved a great deal, can't really get much worse can it, and less chance of a rsfisting :P

We can only hope and pray for all our sakes ( Shawn in particular ) not to mention the pride of USA. GO MACE GO !! -cheer- -cheer-
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby northerndevotee on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Very entertaining thread. Made me chuckle lots. Thanks for that. But jm aint ready to teach.
northerndevotee
Santi

Postby chenyaolong on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:20 pm

You can't really blame him..... how many decent CMAists actually market the art to the masses.... he's just filling a gap nobody else has. Like Andy said, would the average Joe prefer to watch some old Chinese man with a bad haircut doing some awesome mantis forms down a back alley, or some super blonde, enthusiastic guy with his shirt off
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby wuwei sifu on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 pm

shawnsegler wrote:So, this guys fucking HUGE spamming of youtube with his "kung fu" videos has made it so I literally can't go on to youtube and look for anything even remotely martial arts related and not get some of his crap in the sidebar. One of the days I'm going to punch my monitor and it's just not right that I would be forced to do this.

I mean really... :'( :'( :'(

:'( :'( :'(

and you felt compelled to share the pain; & even compelled us to say please stop giving him more of an audience. where are your scruples man, train that sheep nature outta your system please before it's too late! ;D
Last edited by wuwei sifu on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
when you misinterpret my words please don't blame me for that; or act like i said what you changed based on a faulty interpretation instead of taking my words as written ! (I know, this is the internet, but that doesn't mean you can put words in my mouth)
wuwei sifu
Huajing

Postby leifeng on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:30 am

Had to watch this guy's videos on Chinese websites after reading this thread. His Chinese nickname is gongfu laowai and from the comments it seems some Chinese also like him. The first thing that came to my mind was what the **** is he doing but the second thing that came to my mind was this guy's appearance and attitude is awesome for marketing Kungfu. I think he can actually find many followers in China and make lots of money.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Andy_S on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:04 pm

And he also has the good sense just to use his name rather than "Sifu Mace," Master Mace," "Grandmaster Mace" or even "Supreme Grandmaster Mace, 12th Dan Gold Belt."
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links