Taiji/Ninjitsu/Jujitsu

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Taiji/Ninjitsu/Jujitsu

Postby WILLIE on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:25 pm

nianfong wrote:don't know what? I still can't see any videos. videos are private.

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE

Postby nianfong on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:36 pm

saw your video briefly, but now I can't see them again. interesting your thing with the "dumping energy". I think that perhaps you shouldn't actually slouch your own back breaking your own structure, but the relaxation you exercise is what is done for taiji.

now regarding why you're posting these videos in the first place, are you looking to help people who don't know anything learn, are you just looking for people to agree with you, or are you just sharing to make friends?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby WILLIE on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:14 pm

nianfong wrote:saw your video briefly, but now I can't see them again. interesting your thing with the "dumping energy". I think that perhaps you shouldn't actually slouch your own back breaking your own structure, but the relaxation you exercise is what is done for taiji.

now regarding why you're posting these videos in the first place, are you looking to help people who don't know anything learn, are you just looking for people to agree with you, or are you just sharing to make friends?

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
WILLIE

Postby CaliG on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:45 pm

People are going to say what they're going to say especially when it comes to taiji.

If you don't like people giving you low ratings you can turn it off.
CaliG

Postby WILLIE on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:34 pm

[quote="CaliG"]People are going to say what they're going to say especially when it comes to taiji.

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
WILLIE

Postby everything on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:55 pm

nianfong wrote:
wait do some of you actually think ninjutsu is a real martial art?

well it depends. don't know about the label - if this art or techniques actually could be said to exist now or if it's only a label that applies to techniques from a group from an earlier period. some people who train something supposedly related to historical ninjas have "real" stuff, yes. is there anything different in it than jujutsu now, discarding the ancient espionage stuff, and historical weapons? doesn't seem like it. in any case, the akban guys look impressive. mainly practical cross training. hard to call it "ninjutsu" without wondering the above questions but that's what they call it. i'd say all of what they do is jujutsu-derived except capoeira. bujinkan israel seems good at judo and have beat a national champ from my judo club. that seems a departure from the "no sparring" line, which seems far more sensible than the HW stuff mentioned below, sort of akin to sport sambo vs combat sambo. basically it looks like the israelis and the russians have a special talent to synthesize ma to make something practical.

just see the Human weapon episode on ninjutsu and you can see the utter fake-itude.

yeah, those guys were rather underwhelming. the kungfu guys were disappointing, too. a visit by the hw hosts to a "tai chi master" would no doubt be humiliating. i thought the krav maga and sambo guys came out looking the best.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby CaliG on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Btw Willie,

You might find it interesting that at the Straight Blast Gym they teach 3 energies for pinning.

Sagging (dumping)-being like a wet blanket

Hugging-using your limbs to keep your opponent tight

Crushing-smashing your opponent with your body making them uncomfortable and difficult to breathe

These guys know their stuff so you're on the right track.
Last edited by CaliG on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Postby WILLIE on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:35 am

CaliG wrote:Btw Willie,

You might find it interesting that at the Straight Blast Gym they teach 3 energies for pinning.

Sagging (dumping)-being like a wet blanket

Hugging-using your limbs to keep your opponent tight

Crushing-smashing your opponent with your body making them uncomfortable and difficult to breathe

These guys know their stuff so you're on the right track.

thanks i feel a little better about this whole endeaver.

me and my kid training http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ilVJArpTa0

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
WILLIE

Previous

Return to Video Links