Satriya - Steven Benitez (and good Kao!)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Satriya - Steven Benitez (and good Kao!)

Postby lineofintent on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ5NDFfXsKs

Recent clips of Pendekar Steve Benitez teaching, with a good Kao (bump) at 1-25.
lineofintent
Wuji

Re: Satriya - Steven Benitez (and good Kao!)

Postby lineofintent on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0MFHJfJnk

and more clips from previous week in Belgium...
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby Tiga Pukul on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:09 am

Although it's not my style, i like his way of moving. Fluid. Sometimes applications too tricky, but in general nice!
Tiga Pukul
Huajing

Postby Iskendar on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Nice. Is that the group in Liège, where Simon taught as well?
I.
Iskendar
Wuji

Postby lineofintent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:13 pm

I dont think so, looks like different people and place.

Hows your training been?
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby Iskendar on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:48 am

Where do all those silat people in Belgium hang out, never seem to find any of them. Stealthy buggers ;-D

Training, well, suppressing the urge to visit everyone interesting (curiosity's a bitch). Focusing on Dan's work mainly (we got a little group going who get together regularly), like you said, focusing on one method for a period of time is necessary to really grasp the material. I do work on your 24 neigong as well, since they fit in really well, and revisiting my taiji with the insights from Dan's training is an eye-opener too. Interesting stuff.
I.
Iskendar
Wuji

Postby hodmeist on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:16 am

I like Steve's movement and although I have never trained with him - he seems from video - an excellent martial artist. He is dedicated to his art that's for sure.
A friend of mine attended a seminar of his once and said to me how impressed he was. I briefly met Steve in Birmingham at a SENI show and stopped to chat. I asked him about the health benefits of Silat and how they compared to Tai Chi. He told me that Silat offered the same health benefits but only a few Tai Chi people could use their art for fighting where a higher percentage of Silat people can. I suppose I did not expect any other answer really. He seemed a chilled laid back kind of guy and I remember he made a fuss of my young son at the time which somehow impressed me as the whole venue was filled with wannabe macho men and Steve was the complete opposite. Very high level and skilled individual in my humble opinion and a nice guy as well.
hodmeist
Anjing

Postby middleway on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:03 am

Steve's quality of movement jumps off the screen i think. Not someone i would want to tangle with in a dark ally thats for sure!

One thing that always impresses me about Steve when i see him move is his leg structure, He has such a solid base both off and on the ground! Also i bet he can jump like a Kangaroo! :D
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Return to Video Links