cool demo of bagua skills

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

cool demo of bagua skills

Postby cloudz on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:57 am

though the guy dropping like a sack o spuds at the end did make me smile a little.. damn that's the powah! ;D

Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: cool demo of bagua skills

Postby Wu_Style_Disciple on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 pm

N i c e !

That's internal martial arts !
David McKenzie :: http://wustyle.com :: http://youtube.com/dhjmckenzie :: http://dhjmckenzie.googlepages.com/wust ... nstruction

"Your training is nothing! The will is everything!" ~ Henri Ducard to Bruce Wayne, Batman Begins
Wu_Style_Disciple
Mingjing

Postby C.J.Wang on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:25 pm

I've seen the guy's other clips before. He also does Xinyi Liu He and other styles besides Bagua.

I don't see much Bagua shenfa in him though.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:49 am

Tasty.Who is he?

His no-nonsense, let's-get-straight-the-the-point-here-chaps applications remind me of this fellow:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Pec2ILRtc
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:13 am

Li Ziming -> Li Gongcheng -> Li Shiquan (no relation, there are lots of Lis in China :) )

The last punch was a bit unconvincing... ;)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby chrislomas on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:23 am

Really I felt the last punch was the best part. That is the reaction we always aim for when striking 2 gaffa taped telephone books. If you can drop them to there knees through a dense material, from every striking angle using cun jin then I think you have got somewhere.
chrislomas
Anjing

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:52 am

chrislomas wrote:Really I felt the last punch was the best part. That is the reaction we always aim for when striking 2 gaffa taped telephone books. If you can drop them to there knees through a dense material, from every striking angle using cun jin then I think you have got somewhere.

if you can drop people through phone books (or whatever) like this guy, cool. but I have a feeling the guy wearing black silks needs to practice taking strikes.
Ian

Postby GrahamB on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:04 am

Ian wrote:
chrislomas wrote:Really I felt the last punch was the best part. That is the reaction we always aim for when striking 2 gaffa taped telephone books. If you can drop them to there knees through a dense material, from every striking angle using cun jin then I think you have got somewhere.

if you can drop people through phone books (or whatever) like this guy, cool. but I have a feeling the guy wearing black silks needs to practice taking strikes.

he needs to pick on somebody his own size.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:34 am

GrahamB wrote:he needs to pick on somebody his own size.

IME being able to take strikes doesn't have a lot to do with size.

eitherhow I'll stop hijacking this thread. it's very good bagua.
Ian

Postby somatai on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am

very nice.....bagua and xylh what a combo:)
Last edited by somatai on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
somatai

Postby chrislomas on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:26 am

Yes, whether the guy can take a shot is a factor. Some people drop easily and are also suggestable, others it is dfficult to affect (of course as you improve so does the % of people you drop). A good incentive in this game is if you can't drop the guy in 5 shots you do 100 pushups, if he drops he does them, keeps it honest. I highly recommend people adopt this training (if they don't alreadyn do it) as it certainly revolutionised my practice when I did.

However whether the guy can 'take a shot' or not cannot be seen on this clip (I don't think). If you hit even someone with a high pain threshold in the right manner through a pad they can be made to drop like this. He maybe doe look a little soppy though ;)
chrislomas
Anjing

Return to Video Links