New class clip

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: New class clip

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:45 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:To apply one art to ANY style is to understand EVERY style.

8-) I think you're starting to get it, you see grad school, of course has its required pre reqs, you see not cross training just high understanding. 8-) now stop hatin' ;) ;D
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Ian on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:00 am

Not hating, just debating ;D
Ian

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:23 am

I said as much in my original statement about people supplementing their arts, it is , IMO, the reason for the poor state of IMA effacacy today. Many come to these high level arts without the slightest understanding of what fighting is, simply in search of self defense, when in fact self defense is fighting. The idea of soft arts often attracts soft people, but the concepts are more readily grasped by hard fighters, and that is most obviously by way of experience. Of course Master Choi's skill culminated at high level by way of intent study, that's the journey, and as you have alluded to, you don't start out in grad school, you get there by intent study. But that's not cross training.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby middleway on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:47 am

nice clip rob.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:50 am

Thanks for the comments chaps, see you get more traffic to a thread once you start disucssing lineage ;D

I think it's important to show regular Systema training, people still sometimes misconceive what they see, sometimes it could be explained or put into context better perhaps.
It's very easy to post clips of your training these days, easier than it's ever been, so I remain sceptical of those who post many words but no deeds

It is interesting to see which topics get most response here and I think there has been a big shift in recent times on RSF. Much of it I don't feel engaged by. Then again it is quite interesting to note that Systema forums are very quiet - there is barely any traffic on Vlad's for example. That says something perhaps about how people approach training. I know some have tried to stir up some debate and controversy in the Systema but they go largely ignored. As far as discussing theory / history, etc goes I suspect most of us are getting enough info / input during their training

So I shall continue to post clips, I'm glad that people can pick up some ideas from them and am always happy to elaborate if required. Of course IMA tends to be China-centric lol but I do think as time goes on people will appreciate more the simplicity and depth of different approaches
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:32 pm

My original post was actually an appreciation of the quality of this forum, I meant not to take anything away from this post. I have gleaned many an excellent training technique form the systema clips that easily apply to our arts all around. I say the are same as they are training and as that it is developmental stuff, but I think I mentioned as well they are quality offerings.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links