Gus Kaparos vs Novell Bell

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Gus Kaparos vs Novell Bell

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:11 pm

allen2saint wrote:
shawnsegler wrote:Always drama in the rotten apple.

Says the person who so clearly does not live here.

No, but I've been party to seeing what goes on there in videos for years and they speak volumes. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. You seem kind of delicate. I'll try and tread softer around you from now on.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby allen2saint on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:56 pm

shawnsegler wrote:
allen2saint wrote:
shawnsegler wrote:Always drama in the rotten apple.

Says the person who so clearly does not live here.

No, but I've been party to seeing what goes on there in videos for years and they speak volumes. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. You seem kind of delicate. I'll try and tread softer around you from now on.

S

If I were you, I'd broaden my horizons. New York's got a few things besides what you've "seen in videos" apparently.
Last edited by allen2saint on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allen2saint
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm sure it does but since I'm on the opposite coast and broke it'll be awhile. More to the point the statement I made was one that did not have anything to do with the qualities of NY as a whole. There's this thing about talking on the net. It's flawed compared to "normal" discussion and without frame of reference, body language, etc...it's easy to misinterpret. So, like in this case since we're on a martial arts website and discussing the ICMA community in NY, it just happens that that's what I was referencing. In the future you might take that into consideration rather than making the assumption that I was somehow talking shit about every possible thing about NYC. I realize you were being butthurt from our discussion about religion but it just goes to show that A: communicating via the net is tricky and fraught with difficulties and B: you should really try and relax. Being so uptight and assuming the worst is going to get you all riled for no reason.

Like I said. I'll try and tread more softly around you lest you get your feelings hurt.

My 2c.

S
Last edited by shawnsegler on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:43 am

Gus has no skills and has been talking about being a Kung Fu Mastah for years.

Mouthboxing fraud who has been outed.

He is not what he claims to be.

Why anyone would watch the video and then listen to Gus now say he won that fight. Yep. Gus is claiming he won that after being tooled up with his hands down.

Seems Kung Fu Mastahs lie through their a ss now.

Sad, lame and delusional.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:47 am

Dale Dugas wrote:Gus has no skills and has been talking about being a Kung Fu Mastah for years.

Mouthboxing fraud who has been outed.

He is not what he claims to be.

Why anyone would watch the video and then listen to Gus now say he won that fight. Yep. Gus is claiming he won that after being tooled up with his hands down.

Seems Kung Fu Mastahs lie through their a ss now.

Sad, lame and delusional.

agreed. I saw all the hoopla on FB. Sad, lame, and delusional indeed.
neijia_boxer

Postby Michael on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:12 am

Won the fight?

So this is why you don't even get involved with people like that. There's no mutual basis for reality, much less gong fu. Incredible.

If there's absolutely no respect before the fight, there is no point at all. I beat a dude once so bad he needed several reconstructive surgeries. What did he say when he finally showed his face back at school? "It was a lucky punch." Punches, bro. Punches.

This is why fighting is stupid and sparring without respect and mutual concern is a waste of time.
Michael

Postby Bao on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:27 am

Michael wrote:If there's absolutely no respect before the fight, there is no point at all.
... sparring without respect and mutual concern is a waste of time.

+1
Well said.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby allen2saint on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:46 am

Or, Shawn, you could just make a clarification without feeling the need to beat your chest like a silverback. My 2 cents.
Last edited by allen2saint on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allen2saint
Wuji

Postby allen2saint on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:49 am

Bao wrote:
Michael wrote:If there's absolutely no respect before the fight, there is no point at all.
... sparring without respect and mutual concern is a waste of time.

+1
Well said.

Agreed. Emnity like this is no basis for any kind of martial arts contact. If Kaparos was calm, he would have seen Novell was clearly beating him and conceded and if Novell was calm, he would have stopped once he fully demonstrated his ability to touch Kaparos without getting touched. It was ugly for everyone.
allen2saint
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:21 am

kenneth fish wrote:I don't see much skill on either side. What was the point of posting this?

Totally agreed. I've been wondering what the point of posting this was also. ???

Move along, people. There's nothing to see here! :/
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 am

Doc, but now you KNOW its nothing, instead of just reading about it. You are welcome. ;)
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:26 am

LOL @ Jose's humor. Thx.
Michael

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 am

Guess you guys missed Kaparos' high level containment skills, clearly he didn't want to hurt his opponent, and obviously you missed Novell's fine display of drunken skillz midway through the bout, not to mention his high level bagua skillz displayed near the end. Sheesh, you guys really have no eye for the elite -shrug-
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links