Awesome bagua sword

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Awesome bagua sword

Postby Oliver 101 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:41 am

Ian wrote:What I don't get is how come Paul gets to take five steps while his student only gets to take one? Is Paul super fast?

No, but he can slow down time for his opponent by catching them in a time loop for a few seconds. ;D
Oliver 101
Anjing

Postby I am... on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:10 am

Where does he live? If I am ever out his way I would be open to seeing this first hand. Most of those tricks tend to work great in discussion but the realities of fighting when both parties are alert and going at it tend to be quite different.
http://www.appliedcombat.com

"Once you have firmly decided that you face certain death, overwhelming thoughts of fear will be exhausted in your mind..."
-Hirayama Shiryu-
I am...
Wuji

Postby Strange on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:36 pm

it could all be just neijia mind trick
simple minded people, like myself, easily fall prey to such tricks.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Pandrews1982 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:50 am

On the topic of "you have to feel it" where is Paul based? In the UK I guess so I could probably meet him at some point. I'm not adverse to meeting new people nor am I close minded I've trained with numerous people including BJJ, kickboxing, MMA, JMA, combatives etc. I have no problem with taking a look at what other people do, in fact I encourage it because it helps you grow as an MA practitioner. I would be very willing to come and meet Paul (or anyone) and feel his skills first hand in a friendly manner so long as I could fit into my schedule and the cost would not be prohibitive. To be honest I have not really seen much in Paul's videos which I am all that interested in, there are some others on here such as Chris (middleway) who I would be more interested in meeting given the chance, though I would not pass up an opportunity to meet with Paul if it was possible.

As for IMA skills and fighting ability. The two should go hand in hand. Of course there is a massive cross-over between skills which may be employed in IMA and in other aspects of your life, I train lots of things supplementary to my MA methods but I find it is the MA which provide me with a testing ground. Anyone can sit and meditate and say they have a clear focused mind but how do they test it? In fighting if you are not aware you get hit. You might push a compliant partner many times until you can launch them across a room without effort but what does that tell you other than you can push a compliant partner.
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:59 am

PMed you mate ref getting together.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links