Class Clip

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Class Clip

Postby RobP2 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:26 am

Here's a clip of our latest Class Download - Legwork, rolling and some aspects ofknife defence!

"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Re: Class Clip

Postby Ralteria on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:30 pm

The few of the class downloads I've watched have been great. The format works really great, Rob.
Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear!!!! For time has come to wake and run and not give way to fear!!!!
Ralteria
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:03 am

Yep, to my eyes the format has it all:
Nothing rigid or overly scripted (compare to any karate class...)
Lots of movement (so, so many MAs end up standing in one place and fighting from a fixed stance)
Lots of 3D movement (vertical, horizontal, rolling, etc, which are not normally seen)
Soft, non-ballistic movements (rather than thrusting and striking full-power, which fucks the joints)
Relaxed and fun (the best environment to actually learn anything)
Looks like play, not work (though on this board we tend to call our stuff "work" which I thing is wrong, in most cases)

This kind of format really encourages experimentation and flow. And the chaps are clearly getting it: Over the years, you can see some of these guys getting better and better.

Was hoping to visit Rob while I was in London last month, but my feet barely touched ground...
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:35 am

Thanks chaps!

Agree with you Andy, the work has come on leaps and bounds since adopting the Vasiliev / Ryabko approach. I like the freedom it brings, including the freedom to work things out for yourself sometimes! Shame we couldnt meet up, next time!

cheers
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Return to Video Links