Jook Lum videos?

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Jook Lum videos?

Postby wuwei sifu on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:27 pm

WongYing wrote:Jonathan

Chalk and Cheese...differing body mechanics will collide and will drag you constantly in different directions

i told my student the same thing. i also pointed out the obvious affects of cross training too soon when we trained. So now he's concentrating on wing chun, while still trying to hold on to his Chen xiao jia ( learned from teacher in Princeton, NJ.) & yang style i taught him.

had he not been side tracked by wing chun his taijiquan would be quite outstanding, i would say it's just ok now though. He's a prodigy and learns quickly, but focus & more consistency were issue because so much stuff was on his plate. He showed some capoeira at the tai chi picnic in Sept.; the kid is talented.

yes, best to keep them separate if you have the rare ability to do so. hard to go deep with one these days even if you are young if you have to work etc. it can be done, but 2/3 styes for most people isn't practical.
when you misinterpret my words please don't blame me for that; or act like i said what you changed based on a faulty interpretation instead of taking my words as written ! (I know, this is the internet, but that doesn't mean you can put words in my mouth)
wuwei sifu
Huajing

Previous

Return to Video Links