2004 Basic Conditioning Practice Taiwan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

2004 Basic Conditioning Practice Taiwan

Postby Bob on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:45 am

Great subset of exercises taught and practiced at some of the Wu Tang martial arts centers. These are done by the late Mike Martello - great guy and quite skilled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vin54zDxzQY

Mike Martello

Published on Jan 17, 2014

These are not in any order as I was just warming up for the my daily practice, before teacher Wang arrives, and I vid myself to see my mistakes, even warming up is important to learn from... You will recognize some basics for Tanglang, Tongbei, Pigua, Baihe and Baji (KeShou/KaoDa - impact striking drills).

The actions are not meant to be extreme impacts but repetition of smaller natural weighted impacts over time. HARD is wrong, if hard without proper foundation training one will hurt and desensitize the body instead of nourish the spirit, body and mind... One must work up to increasing the impact with intention, with proper guidance.

To many times I teach and see two person impact drills where students try to out hit each other harder, leaving terrible bone bruises.. WRONG

Oh yes I am guilty of this in my early years of training Must hit hard...

The idea is many smaller impacts is in time will harden like bone to steel, make cotton of the muscles and retain the nerves...

The KEY is consistant training and a good teacher

I hope all can enjoy objectively...
http://www.wutang.be

Published on Jan 17, 2014
Jai Men Tan Tui Long Fist Spring Legs, sections 1 -5. A vid shoot for a project that we or I should say I never completed....
Last edited by Bob on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Re: 2004 Basic Conditioning Practice Taiwan

Postby wuwei sifu on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:28 pm

in my selfishness i was upset that he died. So, even beyond normal grief i cried unexpectedly over his passing/transformation back to wu qi. it's almost like it hAS NOT HAPPENED WHEN U SEE HIM IN A CLIP.
when you misinterpret my words please don't blame me for that; or act like i said what you changed based on a faulty interpretation instead of taking my words as written ! (I know, this is the internet, but that doesn't mean you can put words in my mouth)
wuwei sifu
Huajing

Re: 2004 Basic Conditioning Practice Taiwan

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Yes, Mike was unique, and he is remembered with great affection!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Return to Video Links