Marcus brinkmans snake

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Marcus brinkmans snake

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:49 am

Marcus, YouTube Ancientimmortal.
Cheers.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby escher on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:28 pm

From Marcus:

Wandering Dragon

got it!

The Master He tape is nice but what he is demonstrating is something quite different altogether. He is showing us how to maintain the right degree of rotation through the hip and knee from a neutral position, he is thus midway between a roll back and press forward stillness posture. So I would guess he is demonstrating this peng theory from a Taiji six harmonies point of view. Circle walking should definitely have the “Peng” six harmonies balance, but it expands this theory to 7 stars. (7 star stepping) Six harmonies is about maintaining relative balance of the structure, but in theory “7 stars” is about unbalancing the six harmony balance. This means as you walk the circle the knees are eating at your opponent’s lower body structure. It is not neutral, like midway between yin and yang but predominantly yang, so it is always pivoting and angling into the center. This is ultimately a result of the kou and bai steps.. as a pair they are always actively sensing to find a contact point to scissor lock your lower leg.

Also I am demonstrating a very tight circle.. at fairly decent speed in which case, the feet will never be in the precise position, from a freeze frame point of view.
escher
Santi

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:47 am

As I have mentioned and as Master He has demonstrated, If the leg is collapsed, you cannot recover that structure under pressure.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby escher on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:55 am

From Marcus:

CJW … I think this is the group you practice with…maybe your teacher?
Is this what you were referring to?

Last edited by escher on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
escher
Santi

Postby C.J.W. on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:57 am

escher wrote:From Marcus:

CJW … I think this is the group you practice with…maybe your teacher?
Is this what you were referring to?

The man in the clips is my grandmaster's son. My teacher and I are not affiliated with his organization, and we do things quite differently from what he does. Without getting into too much politics, let's just say that not all of the grandmaster's senior students see eye to eye with him on how to practice Bagua.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Brinkman on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Wanderin Dragon..

I would worry about your own structure ,,as your clip reveals ...your structure is a mess. Not to mention the break in mind as you are erratically jumping around.

How about a few application clips?
Brinkman
Santi

Postby Brinkman on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:11 pm

CJW

You should send the He clip to this guy instead of me..

CAn ypu show me a clip from your school that validates .."how Your people do it"?
Brinkman
Santi

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Oh my ! You beat me up on that one, you win. Sorry no apps, but that was good solid constructive criticism, thanks. ;)
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:31 pm

For my money: Master He gives a great demo of stance, Marcus a great demo of application.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Brinkman on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:33 pm

WD...

Huh? ...You started this conversation..and virtually every clip of mine that has come up on RSF... you have trolled in some fashion or another.
I'd be glad to have sensible conversation with you but you are not addressing my responses.. just repeating the same mantra over and over.

I heard your little cutting opinions about me.... again and again... once is enough... I get it..

In all of the years I have been reading this forum I have not disrespected anyone.. if I see something I don't like ..I keep it to myself. Like CJ,W's lineage
even though they do something different..I would never come out publicly disrespect him... If he wants to open that door though I'm going to open the flood gates...
Brinkman
Santi

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:49 pm

My comments on you work have always been specific, and true to what I have experienced, you merely said my work was unqualified. And clearly you haven't even recognized what it is, that's not conversation it's just ragging. I know if In your snake, I step on your ankle, or knee you are stuck, it has occurred in sparring sessions with Bagua buddies, it's just like catching a real snake. I do not want to go tit for tat because you say my shadow boxing is jerky, but it does make more clear to me that you really don't recognize true structure. Your form work is very sexy and your apps are well thought out, I just don't believe them. It's an opinion that you consider trolling I'm ok with it. I will always look for flaws in all the work I see and am always acquiescent when someone can show me the method to their madness. Your structure is broken and I don't understand it, it goes against everything I have ever even heard in regards to CTIMA.
It's not that I don't like it, I don't understand it.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Though for the sake of vanity I prefer the one with the soundtrack
http://youtu.be/YrEdgj7Xh8k

Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Brinkman on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Okay .I don't understqnd what you doing in the above clip.. You seem to leave the ground with every fajin movement. your hands and form are not very clear.. ..midway through you seem to be stumbling to the side. ... what is that?

I'm sure you have skill but that clip in my opinion speaks volumes.
Brinkman
Santi

Postby Brinkman on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Wd

There are a few clips of yours however that I think are quite good in my opinion but what do I know?
Brinkman
Santi

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:43 pm

My main study is Liu he ba fa
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links