Yizong Portland

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Yizong Portland

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Matt threw these together for his website and since I was putting them on the thread for his seminar in CO. this weekend I thought I'd throw em up here too just for a little more visibility.

Enjoy!

Last edited by shawnsegler on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Re: Yizong Portland

Postby fisherman on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Nice!
Thanks, Shawn!! Getting me fired up for this weekend!!
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:08 pm

I really liked the PH clip. nothing mysterious about that!
neijia_boxer

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Nice!
Thanks, Shawn!! Getting me fired up for this weekend!!

Yeah, I feel a little spoiled with what I've been getting the last year. I guess I'm ok to work out by myself for one weekend. :)

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Has anyone pointed out his tendency to look down all the time
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby chud on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Nice clips, I like that Chen Pan Ling taiji.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Could you please post links to those videos ?
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:06 pm

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Good stuff. That looks like very, very bagua-ish Taiji.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Brinkman on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks for the upload Shawn,

Matt is insane! …but that good kind of insanity that helped him endure the schizophrenic life as a student, while in Taipei …he knew exactly why he ventured to Taiwan at a young age and raged through here, wasting no time to get it. He was also a dirt, poor student that endured a lot of shit during his extended stay, so I respect him even more for that. No bones about it he worked like a mad man while he was here, speaks and reads Chinese well enough to do a lot of in depth study here. Although such skill at a young age doesn’t always win you friends.. it’s a twisted world..

Matt has real purdy form..ha ha…, but, he is also for real a tough bastard who can really use his stuff ... He spent time in Taiwan training MMA, boxing and other some other Chinese medical practices...

niiice, down to earth human being as well...
Brinkman
Santi

Postby willywrong on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:36 pm

shawnsegler wrote:Matt threw these together for his website and since I was putting them on the thread for his seminar in CO. this weekend I thought I'd throw em up here too just for a little more visibility.

Enjoy!

The guy on the left sits across badly due to the position of his forward foot. The pusher rolls his ankle out which is easy to see on his forward leg. This could be due to his bagua or his strange shoes. But we would need to ask someone with more bagua experience then myself. Each time he comes into his opponent he seems to totally neglects the guy's right-hand I'm not sure what he's thinking here perhaps it's just a demonstration with its usual forgetful approach to combat. Although I personally feel a certain lack of realism is actually essential when learning push hands which later with the correct guidance can lead to correct combat perception. :)
willywrong

Postby yeniseri on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Yizong name is interesting. One of my present teachers is affiliated (extent and relationship unknown) with the tradition of Zhang Jun Feng (Taiwan) and some lesser known Taiwan branch and its organization. Out of curiosity, any affiliation with a branch in IL, USA.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Josealb on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:00 pm

Good stuff. Thanks for posting, Shawn.

Also, i would like to thank the armchair warriors for the occasional entertainment, getting all serious about a demo clip, dissecting it and finding all the (subjective) flaws of this and that. I know its hard to just appreciate a clip for what it is (in this case, a very short demo of skill, that in absolutely no way gives you enough evidence to make a judgement about the persons entire skill level), but if you try a little, you wont come up as pedantic know it alls. You know who you are.
Last edited by Josealb on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:50 pm

I thought when people post here they want others to comment
If this is not so please state that at the onset and that will stop any misunderstanding
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Look, anyone can post anything here they want as long as they aren't being a huge dick about it and everyone has their own opinion.

It's well known that people who reply on the stuff in the video sections are going to dissect absolutely everything about them. It's the way people are. The point I think Jose is trying to make is that when something is put up while discussion is intrinsically invited by posting, that stuff that's posted is not necessarily put up with for the EXPRESS purpose of being picked over unless someone says so.

For example...Matt told me the story about these vids (since I whined about not being the push hands partner) and this is the story: He has a couple of students who helps him with filming and website stuff. On one of these days he was giving the cameraman guy a private and the other guy in the pushhands clip (also named Matt) just happened to be at the park working out. Since they had the camera and other Matt was the only one there besides teacher Matt who had practiced our push-hands he got co-opted to be the workout dummy. Matt (teacher Matt) also said he wasn't particularly "on" that day but they had wanted to get some vid stuff up for his website and so they just worked with what they had to have the stuff up in time to use it as well for the seminar he's teaching this weekend. Hence the lowered head.

So feel free to post whatever you want, just don't make the assumption that when someone posts something that they are posting it JUST BECAUSE they wanted your opinion of what they do. There are hosts of other reasons.

Here's some other ones of (teacher and henceforth just Matt) Matt from a different seminar.

best,

S

Last edited by shawnsegler on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links