Xingyi Bagua

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Xingyi Bagua

Postby Bob on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 am

Bob
Great Old One

Re: Xingyi Bagua

Postby nicklinjm on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Can't be 100% sure, but the first video seems to be M Wang Senlin from Shanghai performing a mix of Jiang Rongqiao baguazhang with some of his Hebei xingyi in there too. If it is, then cannot recommend this teacher enough - tough as nails, very high level of traditional Hebei xingyi and Zhang Zhankui baguazhang, and very willing to show applications.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby wushutiger on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:15 pm

The 2nd video is Di Guoyong, doing Liang Baguazhang as learnt from Li Ziming.
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby akihiko_t on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:39 pm

Interesting. The first video is the closest I've seen to the way the Jiang form was taught to me. I haven't ever seen it performed like that any where else. The person I learned it from comes the Sha Guozheng line.
akihiko_t
Santi

Postby palmslam on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:47 am

Great Videos. First vid, this guy transitions so nice my movement to movement. Nice body energy at end of postures. How old is he? Second vid was great also, different flavor, but nice applications and again good body energy. Good find Bob. Have a great holiday everybody!!!!

S. Manning
palmslam
Anjing

Postby nicklinjm on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Hard to tell how old M Wang was when the video was taken, he seems to be one of those guys who looked pretty much the same at 60 as he did at 40 years old.

He was 58 years old when I first met him in 2010, so he'd be about 62 now. Saw him a few months ago, still moving incredibly well for someone old enough to collect a pension!
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby wuwei on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Jon, that's a fine performance from Mr Wang. I even noticed some flavour of vibrating power there not unlike what we do.
wuwei
Anjing

Postby Walk the Torque on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:25 am

First Vid: I REALLY LIKE THIS GUY's BAGUA. even though I do not like to be stationary during Fa Jin moments, I really appreciate this guy's handle on his power. There is also an unmistakable openness to his movements.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby Michael Babin on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:11 am

Re: First Video

I really like this guy's bagua as well [but I won't shout cause I have a cold. :)]

While it is very different in detail from the version that I learned and did slavishly for ten years [and also from what I/we now do]; it was interesting to see a Chinese expert do a kick exactly where Erle Montaigue [R.I.P.] used to do it... and he was the only one I ever saw do so until today. Don't like this performance in every detail but Mr. Wang moves extremely well and I bet he has some martial, not just "movement" skill.

Very nice indeed...
Last edited by Michael Babin on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby Bob on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:11 am

I should have been clearer about the 2nd video. I threw it in because I hate to only post a single video. It was not meant to be an example of xingyi bagua.
Bob
Great Old One

Return to Video Links