Mantis Boxing Society

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Mantis Boxing Society

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:45 pm

I like the way these boys and girls train. If you train like this no matter what style you'll be able to handle yourself.

Dajenarit
Wuji

Re: Mantis Boxing Society

Postby chenyaolong on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:50 am

That Mantis Society is headed by Slawomir Milczarek in Poland, and the guest teacher in the clip was Brendan Tunks of Australia.... both really great guys and awesome martial artists.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks for the insight Chen'.

They're definitely a badass kung fu crew. Any guys/girls close by, should jump on the chance to train with them. I wouldn't personally worry about if its Tai Chi or BG or XY or whatever if they're throwing leather like that. Same with the Yizong Bagua crew.

Its even nicer becuz unbeknownst to me I started learning a mantis form and its reassuring that the traditional animal styles aren't being mis-trained into complete irrelevance in the modern world as nice as those legendary stories of practitioners past are to hear. I can see its efficacy and its restoring my faith that I wouldn't be wasting my time.

Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby chenyaolong on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:29 am

Yes, they are a refreshing change from the Silk Suit fancy forms that Mantis is becoming now.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:26 am

chenyaolong wrote:Yes, they are a refreshing change from the Silk Suit fancy forms that Mantis is becoming now.

the clips dont really seem like they finish, and more of trading off
seems different from most manits I've seen. 7-star, 8-step, plum flower

dont mind the "silk suit" the teacher was pretty good in his day.

Last edited by windwalker on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby mikemantis on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:06 am

Dajenarit wrote:I like the way these boys and girls train. If you train like this no matter what style you'll be able to handle yourself.

Great to see traditional chinese arts trained in a realistic and combative manner.

As the op states "If you train like this no matter what style you'll be able to handle yourself"
"If in doubt, gau choi!!!"
mikemantis
Mingjing

Return to Video Links