Improvised Weapons Workshop

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Improvised Weapons Workshop

Postby RobP2 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:22 am

Some footage from our recent workshop - my favourite was the saucepan lol

"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Re: Improvised Weapons Workshop

Postby Michael Babin on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Nice stuff as usual.

Reminded me of the tae kwon do class I was in many, many years ago in which the instructor, a burly Korean, was asked if he had ever been attacked with a knife. He smiled and said, "Once in a bar". The same student asked further, "What technique did you use to defend yourself?"

Mr. Park replied with a grin. "I hit him hard in head with bar stool."!

I've always thought that Environmental Self-Defence™ is a wonderful thing, even if it is rarely pretty ... :)
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:17 am

Thanks Mike. Lol, yep heard a lot of similar stories, chairs feature quite large. Once you know a few principles everything is a weapon, even half a coconut (that caused the most pain of anything!)
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:42 am

Good stuff - I was wondering it was going to be the usual "just bash him with anything that comes to hand" (eg the Ming vase in milady's drawing room) but some good material there. Biro to sensitive points (armpit, clavicle, side and back of neck, etc) is a laugh a minute, and chairs are damned handy - albeit their aerodynamics are not quite the same as a barstool's!

The "Spetnaz saucepan attack" looked a bit Laurel and Hardy, though. If you are rucking in the kitchen, better to throw the hot contents than bean him with the utensil, if you ask me.

Which reminds me of a very nasty piece of work I reading about in the UK some years back. A couple had their house burgled without them knowing it, then they were woken by the smell of burning plastic. Apparently, the burglers had heated a pot of boiling water while they carried out the robbery, and after they left the premises, they had not bothered to take it off the hob. The result was the plastic handle of the pot melted. The burglars' aim in heating up the water was to hurl it over any bold householder who ventured downstairs in his PJs.

Horrible bastards - the best way to deal with that kind of genteel neighbor is (absent a gat) to have a meat cleaver/scimitar/morgenstar in one hand and a can of oven cleanser in the other.

Perhaps for your next film extravaganza, you could do one on improvised throwing weapons: From the pinch of pepper in the pocket (apparently, a favorite of Balkan blaggers - blown in the eyes of the victim, it is a more effective temporary blinder than mace - to the envenomed ninja death star to the hefty Ming vase referenced above...?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:18 am

Yep I remember that story about the boiling water Andy, horrible. We covered home defence a bit as, let's face it, that's a "rich" area for improvised weapons. Not a fan of the katana on the wall, there are much better suited things to use - like oven cleaner lol.

We did also touch on missiles but skirted the legal boundaries lol - not everything we do is on youtube! But it is a future area we may film. Throwing knives, etc is always a fun session, though maybe not so directly applicable as some other work. We will probably have another sword day next year too, lots of people have asked about that. It's interesting as I think a sword work forms the basis for much of the striking / punching work in out style
RobP2
Great Old One

Return to Video Links