Ronda can throw your a**!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Ronda can throw your a**!

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Ronda throws fools!

Postby GrahamB on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Ha ;d

Eddie Bravo falls like an old man ;D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:12 pm

GrahamB wrote:Ha ;d

Eddie Bravo falls like an old man ;D

I was going to title it "Ronda can throw your ass" in honor of your former thread but then I'd have ro hear all that whinging again.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Lol !
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:57 pm

And for further enjoyment:
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:27 pm

I think she shocked a bunch of those people with how hard her throws were or the complete disorientation. She is so smooth!
fuga
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Every time I see Ronda, I go mmmmmmmmmmmm :)
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Ba-men on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 am

Crafty! some of those those were just crafty! Nice!

What blows my mind is that she states there is only one person who she can't get in an arm bar or throw!
Her MOM!
Who trained in Judo!

Holly shit! How is good is that woman? Whoa !!!!
Ba-men
Wuji

Postby fuga on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Ba-men wrote:Holly shit! How is good is that woman? Whoa !!!!

Are you talking about her mom? ;D
fuga
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:05 am

Bhassler wrote:And for further enjoyment:

Wow! If Ronda can throw Uriah's ass it's fair to say Ronda can throw "your" ass.

Time to retitle the thread so we can hear from the peanut gallery. ;)

Right now as of 1-27 we have 503 views let's see if a new title generates more viewers. As a social or in this case mostly testosterone filled neanderthal male experiment (myself included).
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Ronda can throw your a**!

Postby Taste of Death on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Ronda's bigger than Uriah. When is she going to pick on someone her own size?
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Ian on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Great role model and athlete.
Ian

Postby Fubo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:28 am

I'm never surprised when Rhonda throws well trained guys and much bigger guys around like rag dolls. I mean what do people expect? She's an Olympic medalled Judoka. You wouldn't expect to our run or out swim an olympian unless you were competing at that level in those sports. Though it's always beautiful to see.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Fubo wrote:I'm never surprised when Rhonda throws well trained guys and much bigger guys around like rag dolls. I mean what do people expect? She's an Olympic medalled Judoka. You wouldn't expect to our run or out swim an olympian unless you were competing at that level in those sports. Though it's always beautiful to see.

I think there's more to it than that, when Jimmy Pedro rolls with Marcelo it's Jimmy getting schooled every time.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 pm

grzegorz wrote:
I think there's more to it than that, when Jimmy Pedro rolls with Marcelo it's Jimmy getting schooled every time.

But the difference there is that they're "rolling". As I'm sure you know, Judoka spend a disproportionate amount of time on standup, and BJJ people are the opposite, so it's not surprising that Marcelo, being a world class grappler, would school Jimmy. I wonder what the outcome would be if they sparred with Judo rules. The videos I see on youtube have them starting from a kneeling position… But this is besides the point. I was commenting more on Rhonda throwing people, as oppose to her grappling (though I'm not dissing her grappling). My point was that I find it amusing, and sometimes patronizing, that some people are surprised that Rhonda can pull her shit off on trained men, as if she hasn't proven herself enough… an attitude held typically by dudes who probably wouldn't bat an eye lid if Jimmy Pedro came in and started effortlessly throwing the same large trained men.

I once went to a clinic by Noriko Narazaki, who has an Olympic Bronze, silver, and won the worlds. She was about 100 lbs, and was throwing BB dudes twice her size with national championship titles, without breaking a sweat (it looked like that frigin Mifune video, except the dudes were resisting). Yes, I was amazed at her skill, but I was not surprised she could do that, because having trained with Olympic, World, National level people, and just the regular dudes (like myself), I understand that there are really big distances between those levels.
Last edited by Fubo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fubo
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links