Hippy Sifu Does Bad-looking, Kungfu-ey Sort of Shit

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Hippy Sifu Does Bad-looking, Kungfu-ey Sort of Shit

Postby Michael Babin on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:23 pm

P.S. I'd apologize for contributing to derailing this discussion even further; but judging by the posted videos that started the thread, the topic was already a joke.
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:22 am

kenneth fish wrote:

Hilarious! :D
Michael

Postby Taste of Death on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Attack of the 80lb beaver and 50 foot woman

"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Where is Andy when you need a good 50ft woman and 80lb beaver crossover joke?
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:38 pm

From that picture, she'd need a 50ft merkin to hide that beaver.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:13 pm

SNIP
Where is Andy when you need a good 50ft woman and 80lb beaver crossover joke?
SNIP

Andy was looking on, awestruck, as Steve delivered his above comment.

Clearly, Prof. James knows how to slam a dam* beaver's bullseye - regardless of the wet, tangled conditions typical of beaver environments. The man ain't no pussy!

All good banter.

*See what I did there?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:38 am

LMAO!
Michael

Postby wiesiek on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:10 pm

50 ft beaver sound like SOMETHING! :)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:23 pm

50ft ? Average man 5'10" to 6', proportionately, somebody's got to go in.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby chud on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:58 pm

If I may be forgiven for getting back on topic... ;D

I do agree with the minority that the guy has something skill-wise, and his enthusiasm and love for his style is infectious, so I say more power to him. :)

kenneth fish wrote:They had a school in Rockville Maryland at one time. A good number of students came to me to get their knees treated (poor mechanics). It is a plethora of unrelated forms, badly taught, with a lot of manipulative b.s. to indoctrinate the students.

I respect your opinion Dr. Fish, and the issue with students having knee problems indicates a problem (could be with the style, or could just be an issue with that particular school's instructor).
Regarding the "unrelated forms" thing, in my limited experience the Indo-Chinese styles seem to be a bit of a potpourri of different martial influences; they're usually quite effective though.
Last edited by chud on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:15 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:50ft ? Average man 5'10" to 6', proportionately, somebody's got to go in.

ha!
its nothing ,

HOW deep ,just thing, -
years of explorations :D
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:23 am

hi, chud:
nothing against styles trained in our dimensions,
but
presented on the videos: klingon-data style , is not only cosmic rare - , is for space cadets only !
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby tvdpracphl on Fri May 29, 2015 8:44 am

Current student here.

Lots of misinformation in this thread. Sifu Phan has lived and taught only in Philadelphia since coming to the US from his birthplace of Vietnam. He encourages students not to push pain, low stances are important but can be supplemented and slowly worked into. Rockville, MD may be a knockoff, lots of people are impressed by the Chinese name Shen Chuen, or Spirit Fist, and the calligraphy, and the style. Many imitators around, especially due to Sifu Phan's years of championship competition. Lots of people here seem to think Kung Fu should look like it does in the movies, or be done very slowly? Huge misunderstanding of the fighting art. But I'm not here to correct ignorance, I'm here to comment on the Rockville, MD school. If anybody has information or link to another Than Vo Dao style being taught, please share.

Please enjoy a recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5jShA5 ... e=youtu.be

Thanks!
tvdpracphl
Santi

Postby 100kilos on Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 pm

tvdpracph, Just wanted you to comment on your statement that:

"lots of people here seem to think Kung Fu should look like it does in the movies, or be done very slowly?"

One thing for sure in this forum, most gents here only stress practical fighting and genuine training. This is the best place to get information and actually talk to some high level martial artists (i.e. Ken Fish, Alex Kozma, John Wang, ect, ect). I am sure you a good guy and wanted to voice your opinion about your teacher and school, but please be aware there are many people here who know what they are talking about. Hope all is well with you.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby neijia_boxer on Fri May 29, 2015 12:55 pm

kenneth fish wrote:They had a school in Rockville Maryland at one time. A good number of students came to me to get their knees treated (poor mechanics). It is a plethora of unrelated forms, badly taught, with a lot of manipulative b.s. to indoctrinate the students.

Oh GOD!! Spirit Mountain Academy in Rockville. What a joke they were. They convinced Inside Kung fu contributing writer Johnson Thomas (a C.C. Liu Student) that they were legit and that they knew the 5 lost Taoist element forms of Tai chi and other non-sense. I think the main monk Mai Le got in trouble of some sort. I heard he now runs a temple somewhere in Maryland.
neijia_boxer

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links