Hippy Sifu Does Bad-looking, Kungfu-ey Sort of Shit

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Hippy Sifu Does Bad-looking, Kungfu-ey Sort of Shit

Postby Andy_S on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:12 am

What goes on here?

This fellow starts off looking like some kind of Hakka or other southern style, but done with some IMA body mechanics and decent relaxation. Then he does some hard breathing. Then - wataaaah! - he suddenly goes a bit Brue Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLYmTBnGLc

In the second clip he starts by showing an app, but temporarily loses control of himself and it becomes a case of "Stand back, ladies and gentlemen! Stand clear, there! The crazy monkey is unleashed!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iqIOux9cOA

Then he has a dance/fight with an older gent in a car park (as you do):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUEnSzcvEBM

I think this guy needs to implement bit of self control (and access a decent barber) and I think there is a McMaster Kung Fu McBlack Belt Academy McDojo somewhere in his life, but even so: I suspect he has SOMETHING - just I am not sure what. And he is pretty entertaining.

Chaps?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Re: Hippy Sifu Does Bad-looking, Kungfu-ey Sort of Shit

Postby jim on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:52 am

Wow!

I'd be keen to check out his footwork in the first clip - he didn't look to be moving his legs all that much.

Don't know exactly what it is - parts of it looked a little silat-y, but I don't really have a clue.
jim
Anjing

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:07 am

You do not understand the power of Seven Mountain Spirit Fist, Andy!

WAATAH!

Meet the grandmaster:

Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:01 am

Andy_S wrote:What goes on here?

This fellow starts off looking like some kind of Hakka or other southern style, but done with some IMA body mechanics and decent relaxation. Then he does some hard breathing. Then - wataaaah! - he suddenly goes a bit Brue Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLYmTBnGLc

In the second clip he starts by showing an app, but temporarily loses control of himself and it becomes a case of "Stand back, ladies and gentlemen! Stand clear, there! The crazy monkey is unleashed!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iqIOux9cOA

Then he has a dance/fight with an older gent in a car park (as you do):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUEnSzcvEBM

I think this guy needs to implement bit of self control (and access a decent barber) and I think there is a McMaster Kung Fu McBlack Belt Academy McDojo somewhere in his life, but even so: I suspect he has SOMETHING - just I am not sure what. And he is pretty entertaining.

Chaps?

some back ground on that "kungfu-ey short of shit"

Seven Mountains Kung Fu is a Indochinese & traditional Southern Chinese style animal form martial art originating from the Seven Mountains region of Vietnam. World Champion Master Phuoc Phan, with 45 years of martial arts training, brought the art with him from Saigon along with rich traditions of Chi Kung (Qigong) and meditation. The Seven Mountains Way of Spiritual Martial Art is well known in Vietnam where it has been referred to for centuries as Thất Sơn Võ Đạo.

It is renowned for the use of internal energy training, or Chi Kung. Chi Kung conditions the body and mind with vital healing energy, and provides the basis for power and litheness of Thất Sơn Võ Đạo’s unique fighting forms. This art was shaped in ancient China by Esoteric Taoists and spread from there into Burma, where it was influenced by the Mystic Buddhist School of Spiritual Martial Art. After a long journey through Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia, Thất Sơn Võ Đạo traveled into the Seven Mountains region of Vietnam where it was found by a young Phuoc Phan. The art we know today was brought to the United States by Master Phan, formally known as Phan Gia Thất Sơn Quyền.

Master Phuoc Phan has studied Thất Sơn Võ Đạo, “The Seven Mountains way of Spiritual Martial Art”, since age 10. By 18, he was certified as a Thất Sơn Võ Đạo instructor in Saigon, Vietnam. He has spent the past 40 years teaching in downtown Philadelphia, at what is the only known Thất Sơn Võ Đạo/Thất Sơn Quyền training center in North America.

In the early 90’s, Master Phan embarked on a campaign of martial art tournaments with the aim of making Thất Sơn Võ Đạo well known in the Western world. He was successful, winning many national championships and several world titles including NBL 1992, 1993 and 1996.

Master Phan is also an experienced fine artist, calligrapher, and designer/painter.

http://sevenmountainskungfu.com/#about

Master Phan’s Accomplishments:

2011: Won the First International Traditional Vietnamese Martial Arts & Film Expo sponsored by VTV4 (2011)
1990-2012: Won many International, National, & Regional Awards: NBL / NASKA / ICMAC Champion
1996: Buddha Fist Kung Fu (Thai) Master, Vietnam (Five Ancestors Buddha Martial Art) Re-Certified Master, Vietnam
1994:
Five Ancestors Buddha Martial Art Re-Certified Master, Vietnam
Seven Masters Spirit Fist Kung Fu Re-Certified Master, Vietnam
1991, 1993, and 1996 National Black Belt World Champion
1978: Than Vo Dao Martial Arts School Certified Sifu (1968 — 1978)/ Shao Lin White Crane, Saigon, Vietnam.
1968 – 2013: Master Instructor /Founder of Thất Sơn Võ Đạo system in North America (1979).

for those wondering what NBL is as I was
http://www.karatetournaments.com/group1.asp?GID=2

kinda of amazing is'nt it. practices for a long time, "competes" to make his art known to the west
and now he's made it to RSF, a good thing right :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tce-THLUE
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:58 am

There's some power there, this is a guy you gotta slow down with a few hard kicks, hes to fast and unpredictable to try and close in and stick on . 8-) 8-)
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby lazyboxer on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Well, he's the world's only surviving living master of the Seven Mountains Spirit Kungfu system, although it's several billion years old and a mystic /esoteric Daoist /Buddhist art. That suggests to me that it's the product of a fertile imagination and some consummate showmanship. He's got some Five Ancestors and Buddha Hand training blended with silat (think Uncle Bill), quick hands, and a major case of the Flaming Flapperoonies. That's about it...though he is a smoothie.
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:39 pm

its hard to say if the claims are real or not, if there was a point one could always check his bio.
Lots of dates and information should be pretty easy to do if one was so inclined.

Is he commercial, yep has to pay the rent.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby kenneth fish on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:34 pm

They had a school in Rockville Maryland at one time. A good number of students came to me to get their knees treated (poor mechanics). It is a plethora of unrelated forms, badly taught, with a lot of manipulative b.s. to indoctrinate the students.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:22 pm

kenneth fish wrote:They had a school in Rockville Maryland at one time. A good number of students came to me to get their knees treated (poor mechanics). It is a plethora of unrelated forms, badly taught, with a lot of manipulative b.s. to indoctrinate the students.

care to cite anything that would substantiate your allegations.

As far as students getting treated, is it the training or the students not following the training?

just curious, unless one can learn from something whats the point?
Is his written bio, false?

Master Phan’s Accomplishments:

2011: Won the First International Traditional Vietnamese Martial Arts & Film Expo sponsored by VTV4 (2011)
1990-2012: Won many International, National, & Regional Awards: NBL / NASKA / ICMAC Champion
1996: Buddha Fist Kung Fu (Thai) Master, Vietnam (Five Ancestors Buddha Martial Art) Re-Certified Master, Vietnam
1994:
Five Ancestors Buddha Martial Art Re-Certified Master, Vietnam
Seven Masters Spirit Fist Kung Fu Re-Certified Master, Vietnam
1991, 1993, and 1996 National Black Belt World Champion
1978: Than Vo Dao Martial Arts School Certified Sifu (1968 — 1978)/ Shao Lin White Crane, Saigon, Vietnam.
1968 – 2013: Master Instructor /Founder of Thất Sơn Võ Đạo system in North America (1979).
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:38 pm

10 seconds of google-fu suggests that this is a traditional culture festival with demonstrations but no obvious competition to be seen. So what did he win, the door prize? People lie in their bio's all of the time.

First hand experience from treating patients is first hand, oddly enough, not hearsay. You could probably get a very clear idea of how and what they were taught during any intake interview, and Ken has more than enough experience in martial arts to do so. Besides, its slander when spoken, libel when written.
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 am

Kevin_Wallbridge wrote:

10 seconds of google-fu suggests that this is a traditional culture festival with demonstrations but no obvious competition to be seen. So what did he win, the door prize? People lie in their bio's all of the time.

First hand experience from treating patients is first hand, oddly enough, not hearsay. You could probably get a very clear idea of how and what they were taught during any intake interview, and Ken has more than enough experience in martial arts to do so. Besides, its slander when spoken, libel when written.

So your saying its false? He didn't win or was not awarded something.
Is this an opinion or a fact?
link?

your correct libel when written.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:There's some power there,

That's what I see. I see him generating power in the firs clip. Didn't watch the other two yet, not interested in the other stuff, but thanks for posting, I enjoyed it.
Michael

Postby Ba-men on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:09 am

Waaaaaaait! I've seen that dance before!!!!!

Born to hand jive! baby....
Ba-men
Wuji

Postby kenneth fish on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:23 am

WIndy:

As Kevin points out, first hand experience is sustainable as evidence in court. I actually made a point of going to watch how the classes were being taught as well - I was curious as to why my patients (plural) that were coming from this source all had pretty much the same injuries. It was obvious to me when I watched, and the teacher-student interaction was cultish.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:48 am

point taken.

my point was that
this place is becoming or has become something like
http://www.bullshido.net/

instead of a place where things are shared and talked about.
whats the point of showing clips that one does not agree with in the first place and then go on
with out stating why?

other then its "BS" or "fake"

I thought the guys bio, said a lot regardless of whether one agrees with the training or not.
A bit unfair to present something with out some back up....
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links