the electric magnetic body - internal power -

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

the electric magnetic body - internal power -

Postby emptycloud on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKaZisG3b6I

Any one trained with this chap.. A lot of what he is saying seems to arise spontaneously in training. The language is alien to me. Interesting vids, seems like a capable and humble chap.

Rich
emptycloud

Re: the electric magnetic body - internal power -

Postby Simon on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:57 am

Hi I trained with Sifu Mark several times.

He is the real dea and his method is based upon Hermetics. You can find out more on mark rasmus.com

He is very generous in sharing all he can to help you get it. Thou I would say if people like the asian master style then maybe he isn't for you based upon teachings of Framz Bardon this method is more about empowering the student to fully understand and recreate what Mark can do as quickly as possible.

He very open to questions and avaialble on email and FB.
Simon
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:06 am

It sounds wacky, but there really is a magnetic feeling you get between your hands when doing chi kung and tai chi (it seems to be easily felt by pretty much anyone) - is there a scientific explanation for that?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Simon on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:55 am

Its certainly not for everyone. If you have an interest in a different approach to power OR wanting to make concrete some of the subltle things that are talked of in Yoga, Hermetics etc then he is the guy to see.

Another thread about the training: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22048&p=371537&hilit=mark+rasmus#p371537
Simon
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:12 am

GrahamB wrote:It sounds wacky, but there really is a magnetic feeling you get between your hands when doing chi kung and tai chi (it seems to be easily felt by pretty much anyone) - is there a scientific explanation for that?

It's simply mental masturbation. The human body can not generate a magnetic or electric field in the macro sense. The mind (will) invents the feeling.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby chud on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:32 am

Ron Panunto wrote:It's simply mental masturbation. The human body can not generate a magnetic or electric field in the macro sense. The mind (will) invents the feeling.

Well I respectfully disagree.

Anyway, if peacedog sees this thread hopefully he will comment. I believe he has trained with Mark Rasmus (among others).
chud
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:56 am

It's not magnetic. It is Qi and science has not discovered qi yet(at least not the mainstream science). You can feel it in qigong and you can easily see it by training but trying to fit it into the known part of science doesn't work and is not scientific. There are lots things(matter and energy) that science doesn't know anything about other than the fact that they exist. So I think those of us who can feel, see, manipulate qi should just continue our training and let the scientists do their job.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 pm

It's very easy to feel the feeling of two opposite magnetic forces between your hands - it's not imaginary and the same feeling is felt by many people. I'd just be interested to know if science has ever tried to explain it?
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 pm

It's not two opposite magnets. If you see the human aura you will notice that it consists of a few layer. When these layers touch each other(by touching your own aura or someone else's aura) you feel a magnetic like resistance.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 pm

The first rule of seeing human auras is to never tell people you can see human auras. Second rule is see the first rule.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:55 pm

What's an aura?
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Bhassler on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:07 pm

An intro to the body and electricity:
http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-b ... ricity.htm

Considering that the brain maps the space around our bodies before mapping our bodies themselves, it may be that the perceived sensation that Graham is talking about is an output of the nervous system that does not reflect an actual force (magnetic or otherwise) outside the body.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Now that's an interesting concept - thanks!
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:34 pm

In my opinion, this is a good example of something entirely different than what was intended by the OP. It shows, again IMO, how someone who is sincere and mildly delusional but reasonably well spoken and convincing in his sincerity can elicit a suspension of disbelief from viewers or listeners and have them participate in his delusion. From such talents are religions born (or cults or mystical beliefs).
Last edited by kenneth fish on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:37 pm

GrahamB wrote:Now that's an interesting concept - thanks!

Someone telling you that you are nuts in fancier words makes it more interesting for you?
leifeng
Huajing

Next

Return to Video Links