the electric magnetic body - internal power -

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: the electric magnetic body - internal power -

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:20 am

richardman wrote:Sorry Windwalker, I was referring to the translation of Chang Naizhou's text. Specifically, the 2 lines on the internal and external "Dan" might be illuminating. Also the reference to the 12 extraordinary channels but was omitted in the translation is important, IMHO.

We think he was talking about building up the musculature and fascia of the Dantian and then internally filling it in by being able to keep more blood in the abdominal aorta and Inferior vena cava, which in turn allows the organs to function better. The kidneys benefit from this by increased blood flow allows for more EPO to get into the blood and promote more vascular and capillary growth, which in turn allows for more Ying Qi to flow around the body, and eventually turns one's whole body into a Dantian.

The part about the breath and blood I intentionally skipped but - {in a day we take 13,500 breaths, blood moves 6 cun per breath, so blood moves 81,000 cun in a day.} I don't really see how that's too important.

Not too mention that the 12 Jing Mai is where Meridian Qi moves. But the 15 Luo Mai is where we now know that actual joint and tendon lubricating fluids move, in what's called the Primo-vascular system/ Bonghan Channels. So that's another reason I skipped that part.

And the Weiqi moving around 50 times in a day doesn't really move in channels but it moves like the oceans following the moon's gravitational pull, meaning it moves from the back of your body around to the front like a tide flooding up into river deltas, and retreating from land, rivers, and deltas behind the movement.

But, note, that this was a quick translation done for this forum, so feel free to add-to, edit, etc.

Cheers

Last edited by D_Glenn on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby richardman on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks. When I translate, I try to keep "pure translation" separate from my interpretation and always translate everything. In fact, I rarely do interpretation. Obviously, we have all bias, and they will show through how we translate. This is another reason I leave a lot of Chinese terms un-translated, e.g. even the basic term such as Qi. As soon as I write "breath" for Qi, it will show that I have certain bias, or if I use "energy", that's another bias. Hence, Qi is not translated in my work.
Last edited by richardman on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardman
Mingjing

Postby dspyrido on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:47 pm

D_Glenn wrote:拳術 'Quanshu' (Fighting Skills) signifies that your Martial skill is so advanced and your 魄 'Po' is so formidable that you could walk straight down the middle of a crowded road and everyone gets out of your way, people avert their eyes and look down at the ground because you're the scariest person on that road.

I propose that this is not related to martial arts other than when shit hits the fan.

A reputation for being a killer has the same effect whether you are an accomplished martial artist or not. Its a reputation. Similarly performers are taught room presence, annunciation, communication and attention management that can terrify people. It's just like trying to psyche someone out.

Why I mention this is because I see a flaw in thinking that the concept is energetic and is somehow transferred (although having energy and drive helps) & is simply psychological manipulation.

Time and time again we've seen people play on this level with students and even in the "performance effect" only to have it fail dismally with someone who just ignores it.
Last edited by dspyrido on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Dspyrido,
That last paragraph is a little Tongue-in-Cheek.

Like sarcasm, it also doesn't translate to a forum, and probably needs [tic] [/tic] tags.

My bad.

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links