Chen Zhonghua Applications

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chen Zhonghua Applications

Postby D_Glenn on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:40 pm

My apologies.

I confused this guy with someone else.

Please disregard my previous posts.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby jim on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:13 am

Also interesting to see that it is Sifu Gawain Sue (son of the notorious Malcolm Sue) in the orange shirt getting tossed. Looks like an interesting seminar.
jim
Anjing

Postby Bodywork on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:56 am

HRamiro wrote:
windwalker wrote:
Agree that he seems to be developing and incorporating things into "his" taiji" from outside his sources, it would be interesting to know the
influences.

Hi! Pertaining to the question regarding external influences, Chen Zhonghua is a Disciple of GM Hong JunSheng and international standard bearer for that lineage, and is also a disciple of GM Feng Zhiqiang. He learned and teaches only these two systems, and his teaching focus by far is Practical Method / Hong lineage. Hope that helps,

Hugo

I have no opinion what so ever on the topic itself;

However, make your above comments in front of the ACTUAL indoor disciples of HJS and you might get this response.

*CZH Was NEVER an indoor disciple of HJS. He had retired.
* They agree with what HJS wrote and what he taught.
* They do NOT think that CZH understands what HJS wrote and taught.
* The choice of international standards bearer had more to do with his English skills, then other skills.
* The REAL disciples didn't want to do it

One disciple, I met, the other was from friends who shared the same responses from another disciple in China. Neither disciple was shy about expressing their opinion.
Last edited by Bodywork on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bodywork

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:38 am

Yes, I did hear the same, from several sources!

And I don't have an opinion on the man, neither!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:40 am

Is there any video of these "actual" disciples and/or their students? Would be interested to see the differences.

As for the talk of who's the real student or not, it's so prevalent in just about every lineage, it seems, that I'm surprised anyone listens or gives a shit any more, now that it all gets exposed on the internets. To each their own, I guess.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Bodywork on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:58 am

Bhassler wrote:Is there any video of these "actual" disciples and/or their students? Would be interested to see the differences.

As for the talk of who's the real student or not, it's so prevalent in just about every lineage, it seems, that I'm surprised anyone listens or gives a shit any more, now that it all gets exposed on the internets. To each their own, I guess.

Oh it most certainly made a difference. Uhm.. Without naming names
Student one ( supposedly an inner disciple) in an art had senior people who went to a gathering of the real inner students. His senior people who felt the real guys?
Quit the younger guy there and then.
I see what you mean about lineage and for the most part I don't care either. I look for skills, with only a mild interest in where they came from.
There is so much deceit and lying and ego in budo that I choose to focus on someone's skill instead. On the day we are tested, our understanding is in our own hands, not a teacher, not a lineage. Your understanding is in your own hands.
Bodywork

Postby Bhassler on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:20 am

Bodywork wrote:
Bhassler wrote:Is there any video of these "actual" disciples and/or their students? Would be interested to see the differences.

Student one ( supposedly an inner disciple) in an art had senior people who went to a gathering of the real inner students. His senior people who felt the real guys?
I see what you mean about lineage and for the most part I don't care either. I look for skills, with only a mild interest in where they came from.
There is so much deceit and lying and ego in budo that I choose to focus on someone's skill instead. On the day we are tested, our understanding is in our own hands, not a teacher, not a lineage. Your understanding is in your own hands.

You realize your post said absolutely nothing, don't you?

"This guy trained with this other guy and then met a third guy at a secret location and the guy thought the guy was better so he left the guy. But trust me, this shit's different."
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby charles on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Sure. Look up Liu Chengde and Li Enjiu for examples of disciples. There are also a few videos of Hong, himself.
charles
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:49 pm

Bhassler wrote:
Bodywork wrote:

You realize your post said absolutely nothing, don't you?

"This guy trained with this other guy and then met a third guy at a secret location and the guy thought the guy was better so he left the guy. But trust me, this shit's different."

I offered it as a random example to support a statement. No need to embarrass people. Besides many know who I am talking about. The person, was not the point.
Last edited by Bodywork on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby Bao on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:02 pm

charles wrote:

Sure. Look up Liu Chengde and Li Enjiu for examples of disciples. There are also a few videos of Hong, himself.

http://youtu.be/FkCncgaAxTA

I like Hongs movements very much, probably my favourite Chen dude. The connection between hand, dantian and foot is direct, there's no delay, no unecessarily big coiling movement. Also his push hands is just how push hands should be done. No rocking back and forth, just turning around the centerline and using small hand movements. I know nothing about Chen style, but Chen tai chi doesn't get better than this, IMHO. I don't understand Chen tai chi, but I understand this.
Last edited by Bao on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:22 pm

charles wrote:

Thanks.

Bodywork wrote:I offered it as a random example to support a statement. No need to embarrass people. Besides many know who I am talking about. The person, was not the point.

Not naming names? The thread is about CZH. You said outright in an earlier post that CZH was not included among the "actual" disciples of HJS. You said what you said, already. Or are you trying to protect this mythical "student" who quit CZH?

Telling unverifiable stories about unnamed people on the internet actually worked in the 90s. Now it's just ridiculous.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:07 am

I have zero interest in lineage wars, but it's pretty clear to me that CZH's method is distinctively different from those of Hong's top students (e.g., LCD, LCG.) And like I've mentioned in another thread, I would go out on a limb and say that CZH has incorporated key elements of Yang and Wu into his Chen style, namely the emphasis on "stillness." Unlike in Chen where taiji (yin/yang) is expressed through continous silk-reeling/spirals, Yang and Wu focus on the dichotomy between stillness (yin) and motion (yang) and their intricate interplay to create abnormal power.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:40 am

C.J.W. wrote:, I would go out on a limb and say that CZH has incorporated key elements of Yang and Wu into his Chen style, namely the emphasis on "stillness." Unlike in Chen where taiji (yin/yang) is expressed through continous silk-reeling/spirals, Yang and Wu focus on the dichotomy between stillness (yin) and motion (yang) and their intricate interplay to create abnormal power.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Chen ZH lack spirals? Or silk reeling movement? :-\
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Bao wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:, I would go out on a limb and say that CZH has incorporated key elements of Yang and Wu into his Chen style, namely the emphasis on "stillness." Unlike in Chen where taiji (yin/yang) is expressed through continous silk-reeling/spirals, Yang and Wu focus on the dichotomy between stillness (yin) and motion (yang) and their intricate interplay to create abnormal power.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Chen ZH lack spirals? Or silk reeling movement? :-\

No, I'm saying that he's added Yang/Wu to his Chen silk-reeling.

I'd also like to point out that my comment is by no means a put-down; what he's got going on is an interesting and effective blend, and I respect the man's skills.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:59 pm

Dunno-- I don't see anything that CZH does that's not part of other Chen taiji I've been exposed to, just different emphasis and teaching methodology.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links