Chen Zhonghua Applications

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chen Zhonghua Applications

Postby willie on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:25 am

charles wrote:
willie wrote:... it is just my family art.

Just curious: what family is that?

Hi Charles, To answer your question.
I just do the martial arts to create a strong family bond. It's just something that my family enjoys.
What's more important then time with your family.
Nothing special.
Take care
Last edited by willie on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby HRamiro on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:07 pm

The reason I made the comment about possible Yang/Wu influences is that many of the unique body mechanics CZH focuses on and demonstrates (which I have yet to hear from any other Chen style teachers) are 100% identical to the indoor materials taught to disciples in the Yang and Wu lineages I've been exposed to in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Hey CJW. I've got to ask something really obvious - you don't actually mean unique body mechanics right? Since they are 100% identical to the indoor materials of various disciples from Yang and Wu lineages.

Could you do me the favour of describing one or two of these yang or wu mechanics that are not present in Chen style, generally, but are present in what CZH teaches?

Thanks for writing,
Hugo
HRamiro
Santi

Postby HRamiro on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:52 pm

Bodywork wrote:
HRamiro wrote:
Hi! Pertaining to the question regarding external influences, Chen Zhonghua is a Disciple of GM Hong JunSheng and international standard bearer for that lineage, and is also a disciple of GM Feng Zhiqiang. He learned and teaches only these two systems, and his teaching focus by far is Practical Method / Hong lineage. Hope that helps,

Hugo

I have no opinion what so ever on the topic itself;

An opinion is an interpretation or statement that cannot be sourced and therefore verified. A fact is a statement or piece of information that can be verified.

However, make your above comments in front of the ACTUAL indoor disciples of HJS and you might get this response.

Might or will?

*CZH Was NEVER an indoor disciple of HJS. He had retired.

Does your definition of 'retired' mean that GM Hong was spending all his free time teaching students and disciples, or does it mean that he retired from his (non-taiji related) job? If you mean his job, what relevance does that have to this discussion? Or did you mean that CZH had retired? (He hadn't.)

* They agree with what HJS wrote and what he taught.
* They do NOT think that CZH understands what HJS wrote and taught.

If you could provide names, dates/times and locations (and if possible photographs and videos), that would be awesome. Otherwise, you cannot expect to be understood.

* The choice of international standards bearer had more to do with his English skills, then other skills.

"Standards", above, ought to be in the singular, and "than" works much better THAN "then", once again, above.

Can you please cite a source in English, Chinese, or any other language where GM Hong expressed the viewpoint you claim? In fact, can you explain the logic behind giving the complete responsibility for propagating and transmitting Hong lineage Chen Taiji to the entirety of North America, South America, Central America, Europe, Africa, Australia, South-East Asia, the entirety of the Asian continent, including the Indian subcontinent, with the exception of China, to a non disciple?

Your arguments are well-formed and compelling, but I must admit that even I am having a great deal of trouble swallowing this one.

* The REAL disciples didn't want to do it

They didn't want to do Hong lineage Chen??! CZH does Hong lineage Chen!

One disciple, I met, the other was from friends who shared the same responses from another disciple in China. Neither disciple was shy about expressing their opinion.

Are you aware that a number of Hong disciples frequent DaQingShan, the mountain where CZH teaches? Master Cai ShengYe is an example. Master Dong YueXin is another and is on good terms with CZH - I had a chance to spend some time with him - and did you realise that Master Li EnJiu (Hong Lineage standard bearer) attended the 2015 DaQingShan Tournament held on the mountain and hosted by CZH? CZH's tourneys (large and small) are popular in the Hong lineage and well attended, such as the November 2014 internal tourney (Hong lineage practitioners only). Master Wang DeYou is a fixture on the judging panel during the DaQingShan International Tournaments, and is a wonderful, grandfatherly presence to have. I recall a dinner in WeiFang where two Chilean students (fluent in Madarin!) of Hong lineage insisted on regaling CZH and did a wonderful job of honouring him in the name of their teacher (whose name I apologise for forgetting at the moment - he is a younger man).
There are videos of all the above events and people listed as attending them publicly available.
Anyway, thank you for helping me relive these memories!

Hugo
Last edited by HRamiro on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HRamiro
Santi

Postby HRamiro on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:22 pm

willie wrote:
Bhassler wrote:
willie wrote:I sure don't want to seem disrespectful to him or anyone else.

If that's the case, then maybe a good first step would be to skip the part where you start saying other people's shit is fake.

I did think it was kid-of funny when I first seen it, because the requirements as I know them are not there.
In fact, I said that other martial artist's think that taijiquan in itself is fake.
Like I already said, it's a big world....
I have seen lots of video's of this guy and a lot of his stuff looks pretty good.
That's all I have to say on this topic.

What you said, Willie, is this:

willie wrote:Wow! I couldn't stop from laughing!
I hope he's kidding...If this is Chen ,Hahaha.....
No, not a single requirement is being held.
There is no Chen there at all.
One thing that I hate to do is judge anyone, But I do taijiquan and it's very important to me.
Every time i mention taijiquan to other martial artist's they think it's fake or a joke, This is the reason why.
perhaps this guy is a taiji player of some kind, I don't know. That is not Chen.

Thank you for backing down and backing off. Classy of you.

Cheers,
Hugo
HRamiro
Santi

Postby C.J.W. on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:43 pm

HRamiro wrote:
The reason I made the comment about possible Yang/Wu influences is that many of the unique body mechanics CZH focuses on and demonstrates (which I have yet to hear from any other Chen style teachers) are 100% identical to the indoor materials taught to disciples in the Yang and Wu lineages I've been exposed to in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Hey CJW. I've got to ask something really obvious - you don't actually mean unique body mechanics right? Since they are 100% identical to the indoor materials of various disciples from Yang and Wu lineages.

Could you do me the favour of describing one or two of these yang or wu mechanics that are not present in Chen style, generally, but are present in what CZH teaches?

Thanks for writing,
Hugo

When I said "unique," I meant in comparison with the body mechanics taught by other Chen stylists -- including disciples of HJS who are more senior than him.

Master CZH's teaching is very much focused on balancing yin and yang using stillness and motion, or keeping certain parts of the body immobile while others mobile to create power; this is the specialty of Yang and Wu styles. Chen style, on the other hand, creates yin and yang balance using silk-reeling (spiral) energy. So in my opinion, he has combined the two methods and come up with a new blend of Taiji. Please note that I'm not saying it's better or worse than the original, just different. And based on what I've seen of Master Chen, he certainly has skills and can make his Taiji work.

I assume you are a student of CZH or someone who practices his line of Taiji? Perhaps you could ask him about this in private. I'd be interested to hear what he says.
Last edited by C.J.W. on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby HRamiro on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:27 pm

C.J.W. wrote:When I said "unique," I meant in comparison with the body mechanics taught by other Chen stylists -- including disciples of HJS who are more senior than him.

Ah, I see better what you are talking about now.

C.J.W. wrote:Master CZH's teaching is very much focused on balancing yin and yang using stillness and motion, or keeping certain parts of the body immobile while others mobile to create power; this is the specialty of Yang and Wu styles.

Ok, I didn't know that about Yang and Wu, though something like that seems apparent to me from the Wu style I've seen.

C.J.W. wrote:Chen style, on the other hand, creates yin and yang balance using silk-reeling (spiral) energy.

I can confirm for you that developing silk reeling energy, as defined by GM Hong, is an absolutely major concern for us.

C.J.W. wrote:So in my opinion, he has combined the two methods and come up with a new blend of Taiji. Please note that I'm not saying it's better or worse than the original, just different. And based on what I've seen of Master Chen, he certainly has skills and can make his Taiji work.

While you are totally correct that "Don't Move" is a central tenet and teaching method of CZH, this is because GM Hong taught this very specifically. It is most definitely not an add-on from another style. From what I have learned, experientially, "Don't Move" is a pre-requisite for the silk reeling energy to come out.

C.J.W. wrote:I assume you are a student of CZH or someone who practices his line of Taiji? Perhaps you could ask him about this in private. I'd be interested to hear what he says.

All the above is my expression of what I have learned directly from CZH. All errors are my own omissions and misunderstandings.

Thanks CJW!
HRamiro
Santi

Postby willie on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:08 pm

HRamiro wrote:
[Thank you for backing down and backing off. Classy of you.]

Cheers,
Hugo

Yeah I'm sorry I said that, was stupid of me. I don't like trash talkers and I messed up.
that guy might be real good for all I know, you just cant tell until you feel it with taiji.
I think that he might have several arts in there.
again sorry
willie

Previous

Return to Video Links