Madman with a baseball bat

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Madman with a baseball bat

Postby willywrong on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Sword Drills little bit boring unless you do their system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-PKKHDRSF4
willywrong

Re: Madman with a baseball bat

Postby slowEdie on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Just wondering, do you ever have problems with patroling police-officerers? Lots of people I know who train in public in Victoria with swords etc, get their names taken on PDR (patrol duty returns), and go into the "Police Intelligence"(oxymoron?) system, to be forever on their database.
slowEdie
Anjing

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:21 pm

I have trained in both Sydney and the goldcoast since 1973 never a problem
This included Hyde park in the middle of the city,centenal park and ocean st whoollara all highly populated
I did have a student approached by the police in a park in auburn
My son tells me here on the Gold Coast you are not permitted to have a baseball bat in your car without aligned equipment
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby slowEdie on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm familiar with Hyde Park, very high profile, thats amazing.
A case of hidden in plain view.
slowEdie
Anjing

Postby dspyrido on Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:42 pm

We were asked to move along from a couple of inner city sydney parks by police.

It's seems theres a style bias (stacial seems like a good invented word) to doing tai chi vs xinyi (well applications anyway).

We were doing empty handed apps and conditioning. Cant imagine a baseball bat (let alone sword!) will last long.

Ww - i like how uses a stiff blade vs those silly flexible tin foil things.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby willywrong on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:58 pm

dspyrido wrote:We were asked to move along from a couple of inner city sydney parks by police.

It's seems theres a style bias (stacial seems like a good invented word) to doing tai chi vs xinyi (well applications anyway).

We were doing empty handed apps and conditioning. Cant imagine a baseball bat (let alone sword!) will last long.

Ww - i like how uses a stiff blade vs those silly flexible tin foil things.

Never had a problem with training with the baseball bat. I use the baseball bat because it approximates the weight and balance of the broadsword. I lend this bat to students who I teach our broadsword too otherwise they have a tendency to use too much arm muscle and do not pick up on the centrifugal and centripetal nature of our particular form. I do the same form with many different implements (alligator machete, Colombian machete and all sorts of blades of varying designs) the different implements give one a different intuitive feel and comprehension of the different ranges each weapon requires in usage leading back to empty hand. There is an empty hand form hidden in the form. :)
willywrong

Postby dspyrido on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:56 pm

willywrong wrote:Never had a problem with training with the baseball bat. I use the baseball bat because it approximates the weight and balance of the broadsword. I lend this bat to students who I teach our broadsword too otherwise they have a tendency to use too much arm muscle and do not pick up on the centrifugal and centripetal nature of our particular form. I do the same form with many different implements (alligator machete, Colombian machete and all sorts of blades of varying designs) the different implements give one a different intuitive feel and comprehension of the different ranges each weapon requires in usage leading back to empty hand. There is an empty hand form hidden in the form. :)

I like the bat as a weapon. Far more accessible, less conspicuous and weighted.

Looks like Indian clubs and weighted maces would also work well for that form.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:06 pm

SNIP
alligator machete
SNIP

Willy, please. You are in Australia, the land of the "salty." Must I spell it out for you?

That would be a CROCODILE machete.

I am frankly surprised that there are still people in this world who can't tell their crocodiles from their alligators. What do they teach in school these days? Tsk tsk.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:11 pm

Willie alligator dundee
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby willywrong on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Andy_S wrote:SNIP
alligator machete
SNIP

Willy, please. You are in Australia, the land of the "salty." Must I spell it out for you?

That would be a CROCODILE machete.

I am frankly surprised that there are still people in this world who can't tell their crocodiles from their alligators. What do they teach in school these days? Tsk tsk.[/
quote]

Assumptions are the world of ill informed people. Here is the one that I own and is a beautifully balanced multiple use tool. I like to do my broadsword form with it as it allows for working really in close. http://kizlyarknifestore.com.au/index.p ... cts_id=563 Hope you like it. ;)
willywrong

Postby dspyrido on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:51 pm

willywrong wrote:Assumptions are the world of ill informed people. Here is the one that I own and is a beautifully balanced multiple use tool. I like to do my broadsword form with it as it allows for working really in close. http://kizlyarknifestore.com.au/index.p ... cts_id=563 Hope you like it. ;)

And you train in public with it???
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby willywrong on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:33 pm

dspyrido wrote:
willywrong wrote:Assumptions are the world of ill informed people. Here is the one that I own and is a beautifully balanced multiple use tool. I like to do my broadsword form with it as it allows for working really in close. http://kizlyarknifestore.com.au/index.p ... cts_id=563 Hope you like it. ;)

Still do with the sheath on of course for my safety as its razor sharp. ;)
willywrong

Postby Andy_S on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:21 pm

SNIP
SNIP

Of course he does, you pathetic dolt!

Don't you know that Australia is overrun with deadly beasties - "salties," "white pointers," taipans, funnel webs, kung-fu kangaroos, Pauline Hanson, etc, etc - against which self-defense weaponry is an absolute must?

When I was living in Oz, I would not dare to visit the dunny without the following daily attire and urban essentials:
Shades
Slouch hat
Blue nutcrackers
Blue wife-beater
Six pack of chilly tinnies
Swag
Anti-crocodile machete
Anti-snake net
Anti-spider hammer
Anti-shark harpoon
Anti-Pauline triple barreled sawn-off shotgun
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby slowEdie on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:44 pm

lol...
slowEdie
Anjing

Postby willywrong on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Andy_S wrote:SNIP
SNIP

Of course he does, you pathetic dolt!

Don't you know that Australia is overrun with deadly beasties - "salties," "white pointers," taipans, funnel webs, kung-fu kangaroos, Pauline Hanson, etc, etc - against which self-defense weaponry is an absolute must?

When I was living in Oz, I would not dare to visit the dunny without the following daily attire and urban essentials:
Shades
Slouch hat
Blue nutcrackers
Blue wife-beater
Six pack of chilly tinnies
Swag
Anti-crocodile machete
Anti-snake net
Anti-spider hammer
Anti-shark harpoon
Anti-Pauline triple barreled sawn-off shotgun

Where had a lot of real slow prom's come out here and they all believe they need all that gear. Oh and Andy stop bad mouthing my Shiela will Ya. :D
willywrong

Next

Return to Video Links