Taiji Ruler-ish

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Taiji Ruler-ish

Postby charles on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:33 pm

This is a rare example to see how not to practice the Taiji ruler (chih). Usually, practitioners conceal their movements with their clothes and it can be difficult to see if "they got it" or "they don't". In this case one can see everything he isn't doing and should be. He goes into a great deal of academic information about the exercises while missing even the most basic of correct body mechanics that would bring about (some of) the claims he's making for the exercises. The comments suggest he is affiliated with Mr. Mace.

charles
Wuji

Re: Taiji Ruler-ish

Postby Andy_S on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:52 pm

I hate to tell you this Charles, but Jake and his students are all doggishly handsome, well tanned, svelte in their speedos* and seem like jolly nice fellows who are damned good at Interweb marketing.

Which makes me ask:
Maybe "their" Tai Chee is more efficacious, in modern-world terms, than "our" Taiji...?

*BTW: Why is he wearing swimwear in the middle of the desert? Or is that sandy place behind him a just a really, really big beach? (I've never been to Arizona)
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby charles on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:03 pm

Andy_S wrote:Which makes me ask:
Maybe "their" Tai Chee is more efficacious, in modern-world terms, than "our" Taiji...?

It's a good question, one that I've considered.

BTW: Why is he wearing swimwear in the middle of the desert? Or is that sandy place behind him a just a really, really big beach? (I've never been to Arizona)

Well, the desert is just a large beach, isn't it? ;D

Sedona looks just as you see it in the video. Very nice. It's a haven of New Age practices and practitioners. The "energy of the red rocks" attracts people.
charles
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:54 am

That was very... how do you say... ah yes, -- phallic. Including the final zoom-in on the mountains. :-X "Not that there's anything wrong with that." :P
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:09 am

Is this a trick post to try and make me watch a video of an almost naked man in Speedos?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Return to Video Links