Falling for Beginners

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Falling for Beginners

Postby RobP2 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:57 am

Quite simple, if someone wants to promote himself he can do it via his own video clips, not mine. Only one post was moved / re-posted, not deleted and I didn't edit any of my posts
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:15 am

RobP2 wrote:Quite simple, if someone wants to promote himself he can do it via his own video clips, not mine.

Agreed to 100%. Good move. ;D

And again, thanks for the clip. Some great practice there. 8-)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:18 am

RobP2 wrote:I didn't edit any of my posts

Ahem...
viewtopic.php?p=391604#p391604
viewtopic.php?p=391585#p391585
viewtopic.php?p=391582#p391582

The forum software has this pesky little habit of recording those things... "Last edited by [name] on [date/time], edited [number of] times in total."

I admit I WAS wrong about saying "all" posts, here:
Dmitri wrote:...took out all his posts from it

I just saw the first few (quoted above) and the renamed (now twice, to my count) thread and thought you removed them all. But that's a detail that doesn't invalidate what I was trying to say.

Thanks for chiming in!
Last edited by Dmitri on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:37 am

WEll, ok, maybe I should have said I deleted a post and added into another the info that I'd reposted the clip, does that cover it? Some people ahem go back and virtually re-write their whole post it seems, fair enough, it's just forums :)
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:10 pm

sooo,
all parties of the thread ,are well versed in the topic discussed,... :D

good work R.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby dspyrido on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:34 pm

You know this entire thread has been turned into complete and utter bullshit. Now I am glad you posted the following...

Dmitri wrote:Did you read what I said? Rob edited his own thread from what I saw (and it's pretty obvious why he did that, if you were following the development of things. Maybe he will correct me if I'm wrong.

The only thing the mods did, it seems, was to move that to BTDT. I bet you if this one goes on like this, it might follow... based on this, from description of BTDT: "Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense"

My "swooping in" ::) was a simple and straightforward answer to a few questions posted recently. No vested interests, I like both guys who were arguing, although so far only met one of them in person. Breathe....

Which was corrected by....

Dmitri wrote:

Ahem...

The forum software has this pesky little habit of recording those things... "Last edited by [name] on [date/time], edited [number of] times in total."

I just saw the first few (quoted above) and the renamed (now twice, to my count) thread and thought you removed them all. But that's a detail that doesn't invalidate what I was trying to say.

Thanks for chiming in!

How about an apology to? Nah forget because it doesn't matterr.

But perhaps someone can explain why the btdt thread changed from being "Falling Down" to "Bodywork seminars" to "Desperation"?

Second thoughts forget it. I've said my piece and besides - whatever happens if the post touches a nerve it goes into la la land.

Back to falling down ruskie style.
Last edited by dspyrido on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:25 am

dspyrido wrote:You know this entire thread has been turned into complete and utter bullshit. Now I am glad you posted the following...

Dmitri wrote:Did you read what I said? Rob edited his own thread from what I saw (and it's pretty obvious why he did that, if you were following the development of things. Maybe he will correct me if I'm wrong.

The only thing the mods did, it seems, was to move that to BTDT. I bet you if this one goes on like this, it might follow... based on this, from description of BTDT: "Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense"

My "swooping in" ::) was a simple and straightforward answer to a few questions posted recently. No vested interests, I like both guys who were arguing, although so far only met one of them in person. Breathe....

Which was corrected by....

Dmitri wrote:

Ahem...

Thanks for chiming in!

How about an apology to? Nah forget because it doesn't matterr.

But perhaps someone can explain why the btdt thread changed from being "Falling Down" to "Bodywork seminars" to "Desperation"?

Second thoughts forget it. I've said my piece and besides - whatever happens if the post touches a nerve it goes into la la land.

Back to falling down ruskie style.

How about maybe just discussing the video clip,which is the point of the thread? I'm more than happy with discussion or constructive criticism any of my clips, childish insults I usually ignore, unless they are very funny or witty. Gossip and rumour likewise. If I want all that stuff I'll look on FB. So no nerves touched on my part there, and I already explained my reason for re-posting. I changed the thread title too, if it upsets you go discuss it on that thread and stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:26 am

RobP2 wrote:
dspyrido wrote:You know this entire thread has been turned into complete and utter bullshit. Now I am glad you posted the following...

How about maybe just discussing the video clip,which is the point of the thread? I'm more than happy with discussion or constructive criticism any of my clips, childish insults I usually ignore, unless they are very funny or witty. Gossip and rumour likewise. If I want all that stuff I'll look on FB. So no nerves touched on my part there, and I already explained my reason for re-posting.

I didn't send it to BTDT though I did changed the thread title, if it upsets you go discuss it on that thread and stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:33 am

dspyrido wrote:How about an apology to?

;D you're really not following what's going on, are you... ::)

Anyway, what Rob said above, +1
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:55 am

How about maybe just discussing the video clip,which is the point of the thread?

I thought the falling variations, body flow, coupled with the strength
training in fall recovery was well integrated.

what is the highest height that your group trains to fall from?
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:00 am

We go off of the stage you see in the clip, plus also a couple of drills where your a thrown by four people. Of course then there's also the regular work of being thrown - or I find one of the scariest, where you throw someone and they throw you mid-fall. Our Leicester guys do a lot more outdoor work with this, incorporating into all their "urban mobility" work. And of course it is all damage limitation work, isn't everything :)
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:06 am

RobP2 wrote:We go off of the stage you see in the clip, plus also a couple of drills where your a thrown by four people. Of course then there's also the regular work of being thrown - or I find one of the scariest, where you throw someone and they throw you mid-fall. Our Leicester guys do a lot more outdoor work with this, incorporating into all their "urban mobility" work. And of course it is all damage limitation work, isn't everything :)

cool

it really reminds me of some the things we did
in the US military long ago, although not as sophisticated
what we did was pretty basic. ;)
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:18 am

There was a guy teaching on Moscow who instructed military in what he called "combat gymnastics", which the Russians seem to go for more than US or UK. Though some para friends have shown some interesting things :)

Oh we also have a professional film stunt guy training with us, his work in this area is way above most of us, especially his falling from horseback lol
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Really great stuff, thanks.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Good stuff. I teach and practice these drills and others like them several times a week, and any time I take a beginners class this is where I start - I reckon the ability to fall safely and get up smoothly with good spatial awareness is one of the most important movement skills we have.
I-mon
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links