Wu Style Taiji Sword - full set

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wu Style Taiji Sword - full set

Postby mabakle on Sun May 17, 2015 10:20 pm

This is the full version of the Wu Family Taiji sword as taught to me by the late Master Woo Shing in 1972.
I made the video as a teaching aid in Hawaii and the moves are true to those of Wu Tu Nan as published in his book of about 1927. Wu Tu Nan was a student of Wu Chien Chuan.
Last edited by mabakle on Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mabakle
Santi

Re: Wu Style Taiji Sword - full set

Postby Franklin on Sun May 17, 2015 10:35 pm

great to see that. thanks for sharing!

Franklin
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby willywrong on Mon May 18, 2015 10:53 pm

mabakle wrote:This is the full version of the Wu Family Taiji sword as taught to me by the late Master Woo Shing in 1972.
I made the video as a teaching aid in Hawaii and the moves are true to those of Wu Tu Nan as published in his book of about 1927. Wu Tu Nan was a student of Wu Chien Chuan.

I liked the clip of the broadsword which was at the u-tube site. Thanks for posting. :)
willywrong

Postby mabakle on Tue May 19, 2015 1:19 am

Willywrong,
Thank you for your kind words. Just as Master Woo Shing was famous for his broadsword, I always tried to excel at the broadsword. I never posted the recent YouTube broadsword clip on RSF. My recent performance of the sword (劍) was no easy task with a 3.5 lb sword and arthritis in my right hand! Add a rubberized tennis court surface to the mix and I have a bag full of excuses for a less than stellar showing! lol But I wanted to give my students a "Sifu in the box" place to go if they forget any of the moves in the set.
Ross
mabakle
Santi

Postby wiesiek on Tue May 19, 2015 12:24 pm

thank you for posting
and
i love, that - sword is not waving ! -bow-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Return to Video Links