Fengyang Quan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Fengyang Quan

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:14 am

Style that 曾力强 Chin Lik Keong/ Zeng Liqiang studied (I Liq Chuan).

Last edited by D_Glenn on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Re: Fengyang Quan

Postby C.J.W. on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:42 am

If I remember correctly, this is a southern Hakka style found in HK, Singapore, and Malaysia.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:37 am

I like the Running Man at the end! Perfect addition to any CMA. Run man, run 8-)
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:18 am

C.J.W. wrote:If I remember correctly, this is a southern Hakka style found in HK, Singapore, and Malaysia.

This is the style that Sam Chin's father studied, and I think you can see a lot of I Liq Chuan, of course there is other videos that show more, I just linked this one clip.

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby willywrong on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:20 pm

D_Glenn wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:If I remember correctly, this is a southern Hakka style found in HK, Singapore, and
Malaysia

This is the style that Sam Chin's father studied, and I think you can see a lot of I Liq Chuan, of course there is other videos that show more, I just linked this one clip.

The base stick form and the A and B two person form we do out of Penang is referred to as the FengYang pole. :)
willywrong

Postby willie on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:04 pm

It looks real.
willie

Postby D_Glenn on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:07 pm

willywrong wrote:The base stick form and the A and B two person form we do out of Penang is referred to as the FengYang pole. :)

This is 凤阳[鳳陽] Fengyang county in Chuzhou 滁州, Anhui; it's a Boxing style named after the County where it originated. But it could be the same. Feng is also Phoenix or Wind so...

I Liq Chuan history also says it's known as the Nomad Style or Nomadic People who probably settled in Fengyang.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:37 pm

"Nomad people" may be an English rendering of "guest people" - which is what the Hakka were considered in Southern China.

FYI, it is worth looking at the extant Hakkanese settlements in Fukien. They are round, tower-like structures - basically fortresses, very similar to the English Martello Towers you see on the south coast. One can see why the Hakkas practiced short-range arts.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby TeaSerpent on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:57 pm

Feng Yang style is a Hakka style from extreme southeastern Fujian and southwestern Guangdong found in Chaozhou, Shantou and in the Hailufeng region and western Zhangzhou. So basically the old Hakka areas on both side of the Guangdong / Fujian border.
Last edited by TeaSerpent on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeaSerpent
Anjing

Postby TeaSerpent on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:13 pm

I should that is where it is still practiced, but I have heard of it being associated with or having been practiced in Fuzhou and Xiamen. It certainly looks like something from the Fujian Guangdong border as opposed to the central Fujian coast.
It could likely be a case of styles with the same name or it having come down from there at some time. I've also heard the thing about it coming from Anhui, but then later I heard something else about it coming from a county of town of the same name somewhere in the area it's practiced, but I can't remember the specifics.
It's been a long time since I looked into it, now I'm curious, I might try to get some clarification about it's origins if I have time.
Also the Feng Yang stuff in I Li Quan is a butterfly set, the Fujian Guangdong border is where almost all the Hakka Butterfly styles come from.
TeaSerpent
Anjing

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:55 am

Cool.
I thought I read it was like a family who moved to Fujian, from Anhui, then started teaching outsiders, where it got blended with the local Hakka styles.

But I really don't know.

I just like the old guy's power, and how he generates it.

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Return to Video Links