Taiji Mei Hua Praying Mantis

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Taiji Mei Hua Praying Mantis

Postby lineofintent on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:32 am

I think that was Xiao Peng, his wife was a German academic.

There was also an exceptionally skilled Xingyiquan man training there, and an old lady Taijiquan teacher who threw her much younger students around like rag dolls with a big smile on her face, and many other interesting people....
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby taiwandeutscher on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:34 am

Oh, I got them mixed up, there were so many interesting teachers.
Did you see the southern Taizuquan master Wu, who also featured on the BBC documentary?
One of the scariest MAists I have ever seen!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby lineofintent on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:11 am

Not master Wu but another very fierce adept of that system taught me two hand forms and twin knives of that system , in fact the very first art I learned aged 13 was Taizhu.

I also met - in a backstreet kwoon somewhere maybe in Tianmu, or Shr Lin - an old and very scary Mei Hua Quan master - he had photos of lots of foreigners doing baishr with him, although I cannot recall his name - his preferred method of engagement was to bridge with both hands and then immediately tear at whatever was available - and i mean anything - with two very developed tiger claws.

And the Fujien White Crane master in Yong He district, I was introduced to him to study his Tui Na (at which he was extremely adept) - having no idea he practiced martial arts I was shocked when he suddenly started demonstrating iron head skill by heading the concrete wall, and then asking me to attack him as hard as I could with any kind of strike.....ever so slightly over the edge...I remember your story of having your arm broken by a southern boxing stylist and I can well believe it after some of the men I met...
lineofintent
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links