Master Hsieh Chi Sheng Of Taiwan 1974

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Master Hsieh Chi Sheng Of Taiwan 1974

Postby windwalker on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:21 pm

but this other stuff???

;) haha

I could offer my own thoughts on this but soon it would be BTDT
also its a distraction from the OP thread.

I found his work quite interesting considering his skill and who he studied from.

John Kells (born 1940 in Dublin) started Tai Chi in London, 1967, under a student of Liang Tung-tsai (whom John also later studied with) called John Yelenesian. Since then he has had nine teachers of substance, including two Tibetan buddhists, the most important being:

Chi Chiang-tao (1919-1994): the top student of Cheng Man-ch’ing (1900-1975) and the supreme yielder of his generation. All who met him attest to his saintly character.

Yang Shou-chung (1907-1985): the son of Yang Cheng-fu who taught John much about spirit.

Hsieh Chi-sheng: a top student of Chen Wei-ming with many martial artist friends who also helped John in his Tai Chi studies.
Master Hsieh also taught John Pa Gua and Hsing I.

Liang Tung-tsai (1900-2002): full of mischief and humour whose wife introduced John to Chi Chiang-tao.

Wang Yen-nien (1913- ): student of Chang Chin-lin and of impeccable character with whom John studied power.

From 1961 to 1982 John also received internal instruction from a Harley Street doctor of mixed Icelandic and French descent. This man taught from an ancient European lineage (far older than Tai Chi). The teaching was largely without words and was elemental in the extreme – all about power, transformation and particularly HEART.

http://www.johnkells.co.uk/?page_id=30

Heartwork
Real connexion stems from what we call the Heart.
There is a circulation to the Heart – between the Heart and other Hearts –
human and otherwise.
This is the main thrust of my work.

But there is a circulation within the body, not as simple as blood or ch’i, but
something a lot deeper and from our ancestry – as deep as the beginnings of
time.

Real connexion is out of time and passes through bones and sinews from our
ancient impressions through something with the same kind of significance as
genes.

The inter-connexions between ourselves and other humans and all living things
are so complex that there is no intellectual sense to be made of it.
If my writings echo in you it is because you echo in them.

;)
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Interesting he learnt with a student of tt Liang in 67
Where wasTT in 67
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby willie on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:40 pm

sorry I cant go along with the non-touch stuff.
I believe that the people receiving the energy are just over sensitized from their training to listen.
anyone who holds wuji for an hour will find the energy between their hands. it was there the entire time, their whole life.
it just was never noticed because no one ever told them to listen for it. the more
you practice feeling it, the better connection you have to it. that means you and not others.
others will be able to feel your energy in time, but to send them flying like that without them intentionally
listening and hoping for an occurrence, it will not happen. any regular un-trained person will just walk right
up to him and there will be no jumping back like that.
willie

Postby windwalker on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:59 pm

I could offer my own thoughts on this but soon it would be BTDT
also its a distraction from the OP thread.

wise words I should follow them. ;)
I wont say much here or on the other thread except to say that
the teacher in question was a fighter when he was young

Studied under some noted teachers
Demonstrates things that I have felt and have seen over the yrs.
Talks about the same things that most people I've met or have noted
also talk about.

All of which doesn't mean much for those not interested in the work.

In other threads people talk of unbalancing others with just a touch.
No one seems to question this ;)
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby taiwandeutscher on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:05 pm

"Chi Chiang-tao (1919-1994): the top student of Cheng Man-ch’ing (1900-1975) and the supreme yielder of his generation. All who met him attest to his saintly character."

Really? Oh my! That guy has had a certain reputation amongst ZMQ's indoors, lol!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:50 pm

taiwandeutscher wrote:"Chi Chiang-tao (1919-1994): the top student of Cheng Man-ch’ing (1900-1975) and the supreme yielder of his generation. All who met him attest to his saintly character."

Really? Oh my! That guy has had a certain reputation amongst ZMQ's indoors, lol!

If it was said "indoors" seems to me it was meant to stay "indoors"

Since its now out doors, you might as well say what was said.
no one here will tell anyone :)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby willie on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:45 pm

windwalker wrote:
taiwandeutscher wrote:"Chi Chiang-tao (1919-1994): the top student of Cheng Man-ch’ing (1900-1975) and the supreme yielder of his generation. All who met him attest to his saintly character."

If it was said "indoors" seems to me it was meant to stay "indoors"
no one here will tell anyone :)

so...all the secrets passed to the palace guards by Yang Lu-ch'an , right?
all those indoor secrets is what ruined the art in the first place, right?
what if the answers to those question of what they might have been wasn't the answers that people of today wanted to hear.
willie

Postby lazyboxer on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:31 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Interesting he learnt with a student of tt Liang in 67
Where wasTT in 67

TT was still in New York before his relocation to Boston, if I remember correctly. John Yalenezian, a New York-based American jazz drummer of Armenian extraction, was a student of his who had come to London in 1967 and had started to teach there in his Chelsea basement flat.

John Kells, Paul Crompton and I were some of John's regular students who formed the first wave of British CMC style practitioners. Paul, who owned the semi-legendary Karate and Oriental Arts bookshop in Fulham Road (where I found the R.W. Smith book which set me on the path) stayed in London and founded the eponymous Karate and Oriental Arts magazine. I moved to the USA in 1968 while John Kells started a taiji school in London, often visiting Taiwan and Hong Kong to develop his understanding and practise.

John Yalenezian, whom I've mentioned before here, was a quietly-spoken and friendly man who deserves to be better known. He went on to settle in the Netherlands, where he established a strong taijiquan following that continues to this day. Ben Lo, among others, used to hold regular annual seminars there.

willie wrote:sorry I cant go along with the non-touch stuff.
I believe that the people receiving the energy are just over sensitized from their training to listen.
anyone who holds wuji for an hour will find the energy between their hands. it was there the entire time, their whole life.
it just was never noticed because no one ever told them to listen for it. the more you practice feeling it, the better connection you have to it. that means you and not others.
others will be able to feel your energy in time, but to send them flying like that without them intentionally listening and hoping for an occurrence, it will not happen. any regular un-trained person will just walk right up to him and there will be no jumping back like that.

True, but you've got to admit that it's a lot of fun watching him do his thing ;D
Last edited by lazyboxer on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Interesting, I practiced with Ben Lo, a long while back.
In the clips it mentioned he "John" had an accident. Do you know what happened ?

He seems quite skilled, agree very nice quiet spoken man.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links