Song Shi XingYiQuan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Song Shi XingYiQuan

Postby bviru_xin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:51 pm

bviru_xin
Anjing

Re: Song Shi XingYiQuan

Postby kenneth fish on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:40 pm

This is Zhao Chuanhui, Zhao Yongchang's eldest son
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby nicklinjm on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:51 am

Have always been a big fan of Zhao Chuanhui laoshi, would recommend anyone interested in Song style to check him out, he is very open and detailed about exactly how to achieve Song style power and shenfa.

A friend of mine has recently started a Song style study group under him in Singapore, can provide contact details if anyone is interested.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby onebir on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:16 am

Googling Zhao Chuan Hui, it turns out he's a vice president of the Song Style Xingyi Association (page in Chinese, has contact email for the association):

http://www.xingyi-song.com/display.asp?id=444

The site also has a list of branch/members, which mentions that Zhao Chuan Hui is based in Qi County Shanxi, but doesn't give direct contact details:

http://www.xingyi-song.com/display.asp?id=448

Wikipedia says this a sub-branch of Shanxi style, and based on the branch listing it's still strongest there (especially in Taigu - which I think one episode of 'Kung Fu Quest' visited - and Taiyuan).
Insanity is repeating a nonsensical definition of insanity, and expecting it to eventually make sense.
onebir
Anjing

Postby nicklinjm on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Yes, don't think M Zhao's address or phone number are listed publicly anywhere, I originally got his phone number from a video posted by his daughter. His house is actually in Dongguan town, which is between Taigu itself and Qi county. Best thing to do is just call him when you get to Taigu and then he will pick you up (which is what he did for me).

Think the whole idea of there being a 'Shanxi' style is misleading, there's just the various big branches (Che, Song, Shang, 3-4 different varieties of Hebei), which all come eventually from one of Li Luoneng's main disciples. It's true that Song style is strongest in Taigu, but there are also good Song style teachers in Beijing, Tianjin and Handan (Hebei provnce).
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby onebir on Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:05 am

nicklinjm wrote:Yes, don't think M Zhao's address or phone number are listed publicly anywhere, I originally got his phone number from a video posted by his daughter. His house is actually in Dongguan town, which is between Taigu itself and Qi county. Best thing to do is just call him when you get to Taigu and then he will pick you up (which is what he did for me).

That's really nice of him :)

Think the whole idea of there being a 'Shanxi' style is misleading, there's just the various big branches (Che, Song, Shang, 3-4 different varieties of Hebei), which all come eventually from one of Li Luoneng's main disciples. It's true that Song style is strongest in Taigu, but there are also good Song style teachers in Beijing, Tianjin and Handan (Hebei provnce).

Fair enough, I just noticed Shanxi seemed to have the most people; Beijing, Tianjin and Handan all have contact details listed.
Insanity is repeating a nonsensical definition of insanity, and expecting it to eventually make sense.
onebir
Anjing

Postby Strange on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:20 am

just wanted to say that's real nice rhythm and movement going on
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:52 pm

HsingI with fajin! Very plain and austere stuff, look like it is applicable right out of the tin. That is something I would not say for a lot of HsingI, which seems to be (like Chen Taiji) too reliant upon loading up, firing, resetting, firing again, etc.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Return to Video Links