DK Yoo Talent from God!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

DK Yoo Talent from God!

Postby Rabbit on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:49 am

Rabbit
Wuji

Re: DK Yoo Talent from God!

Postby RobP2 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:53 am

I think someone else has put that title on it, not DK Yoo.
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Rabbit on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:11 pm

What do you think from a systema point of view Rob?
I like it personally, although the many different arts listed seems a bit dodgy
Rabbit
Wuji

Postby dspyrido on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:03 pm

How is his fight record going?
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:36 pm

dspyrido wrote:How is his fight record going?

"Fight records" are for low level, sport fighters in a ring, where there are rules. In da streetz, there are no rules, therefore no fight records. Unless, you count the taxi cab drivers.

Hard to tell his skills in timing, setting traps, distance, position, etc., against a non-compliant opponent.

He’s a good dancer, though. He shows some grace, power, and speed in his dancing. I like the music, too. :D
marvin8
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:50 am

Rabbit wrote:What do you think from a systema point of view Rob?
I like it personally, although the many different arts listed seems a bit dodgy

Well it's very crisp and clear, so I can see how it could be visually appealing, especially for anyone brought up on MA movies.
I'd like to see it in some different contexts, most of that seems to be demo mode, or get hands-on experience of course. But, you know, we are all works in progress
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:50 am

I don't know anything about his background, but I guess you could ask him

http://www.systemakoreahq.co.kr/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:54 am

marvin8 wrote:

"Fight records" are for low level, sport fighters in a ring, where there are rules. In da streetz, there are no rules, therefore no fight records. Unless, you count the taxi cab drivers.

Hard to tell his skills in timing, setting traps, distance, position, etc., against a non-compliant opponent.

He’s a good dancer, though. He shows some grace, power, and speed in his dancing. I like the music, too. :D

I train guys who have "fight records" and I train guys who don't, but have other experience. If you prefer to discount that, it's up to you. Personally I wouldn't discount anyone or anything based on my own likes and dislike in training as almost everything is contextual.

Anyway, my own fight record is The Eye of the Tiger...or maybe the theme from Conan the Barbarian...
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby dspyrido on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:09 am

RobP2 wrote:I train guys who have "fight records" and I train guys who don't, but have other experience. If you prefer to discount that, it's up to you. Personally I wouldn't discount anyone or anything based on my own likes and dislike in training as almost everything is contextual.

Anyway, my own fight record is The Eye of the Tiger...or maybe the theme from Conan the Barbarian...

In martial arts if its not fight experience (ring, real or other) what other experience should we be looking for?

As for dky's talent - he's pretty pulic about how much mastery he has in the many videos that have been posted. A guy that dragonball should not be too afraid to show how he moves against someone with some skill that is looking to knock his god-like-eye-of-the-tiger-conan-power brains out.

Or did I misunderstand that his god given superpower is really self promotion?
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:20 am

dspyrido wrote:
RobP2 wrote:I train guys who have "fight records" and I train guys who don't, but have other experience. If you prefer to discount that, it's up to you. Personally I wouldn't discount anyone or anything based on my own likes and dislike in training as almost everything is contextual.

In martial arts if its not fight experience (ring, real or other) what other experience should we be looking for?

As for dky's talent - he's pretty pulic about how much mastery he has in the many videos that have been posted. A guy that dragonball should not be too afraid to show how he moves against someone with some skill that is looking to knock his god-like-eye-of-the-tiger-conan-power brains out.

Or did I misunderstand that his god given superpower is really self promotion?

My bad, I assumed by "fight record" you were talking ring. But yes, fight experience is what we should be looking for. Like I said I don't know anything about the DKY's background, but suggested you could contact and ask him if you were interested.

I agree he seems to be on a self-promotion drive, but, hey, everyone has to make a living. I don't think the God-given thing is his addition but could be wrong - again I guess you could ask him if it bothers you so much. Perhaps you misread - the EYOT / CTB thing, that was me, it was a small attempt at humour, sorry it went over your head
Last edited by RobP2 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:12 am

I'm not discounting anyone, either. He only showed a demonstration, not how he trains. So, I don't know how he trains. -shrug- I did not comment on whether I like or dislike his training.

It was a compliment disguised in a joke, however badly. DK Yoo has grace speed and power, in his technique.

His demonstration is like most demonstrations, showcasing technique, speed and power. I prefer to see demonstrations that also show skills in timing, setting traps, distance, or position, etc., against a non-compliant opponent. However, this is rare.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:21 am

marvin8 wrote:

I'm not discounting anyone, either. He only showed a demonstration, not how he trains. So, I don't know how he trains. -shrug- I did not comment on whether I like or dislike his training.

It was a compliment disguised in a joke, however badly. DK Yoo has grace speed and power, in his technique.

His demonstration is like most demonstrations, showcasing technique, speed and power. I prefer to see demonstrations that also show skills in timing, setting traps, distance, or position, etc., against a non-compliant opponent. However, this is rare.

Yep I agree. Teaching and teaching clips is one thing, you need to be able to see whatever the point the teacher is trying to make is. I've never been a fan of martial arts "demos" as such, though I've done quite a few in my time, particularly in CMA. The point seems to be about entertainment or looking good as much as education. I think he does has some "live" teaching clips up on his site, though Ive not really looked through it.

The compliance / non-compliance thing can be an issue. How far do we go? If someone is being non-compliant for a video clip, am I justified in breaking his arm? Or him breaking my arm? You get into difficulties - a non-compliant student will still be flagged up as a student. A non-compliant stranger is generally a challenge or a fight.
Training is always training. So it's a tough one - I guess with non-compliance as it is generally accepted there is still an etiquette involved?
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:01 am

RobP2 wrote:The compliance / non-compliance thing can be an issue. How far do we go? If someone is being non-compliant for a video clip, am I justified in breaking his arm? Or him breaking my arm? You get into difficulties - a non-compliant student will still be flagged up as a student. A non-compliant stranger is generally a challenge or a fight.
Training is always training. So it's a tough one - I guess with non-compliance as it is generally accepted there is still an etiquette involved?

Here's a demonstration that shows some skill in movement, listening, timing, distance, etc. ONLY a start.

Published on Dec 30, 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6gsnwnxqaQ
Last edited by marvin8 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby dspyrido on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:32 pm

RobP2 wrote:I agree he seems to be on a self-promotion drive, but, hey, everyone has to make a living. I don't think the God-given thing is his addition but could be wrong - again I guess you could ask him if it bothers you so much. Perhaps you misread - the EYOT / CTB thing, that was me, it was a small attempt at humour, sorry it went over your head

Well .... I dont usually reference dragonball with serious contextual combat ability. ::)

As for his self promotion. I understand the need for promotion. It's the sensationalism that makes me wonder. I think he could have easily represented his demo skills by not claiming godhood ability, being bruce lees reincarnation or being a master of 10+ styles. Plus i dont buy the - "i did not say it someone put that up there".

In the end demos are nice. Promos are necessary for business. But extreme claims require extreme evidence. A great dancer can replicate all the videos especially in light of picking the right over-reacting demo partners.
dspyrido
Wuji

Return to Video Links