aikido tai chi form

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: aikido tai chi form

Postby mrlizard123 on Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 am

allen2saint wrote:mrlizard123,

Hey! What a surprise! A Dan student coming to Dan's defense and offering some pretty compelling logic:

1) Dan is really good so we shouldn't expect civil behavior from him.
2) It's Rich's fault.
3) Even though Dan is absolutely merciless in his criticisms of others videos, he shouldn't be expected to post videos of his own work, because he's so awesome!
4) Hey, you meanie, why are you picking on Dan when you can just leave the post alone?

I don't care what Dan's skill level is. He is a bully and he is a constant poisonous presence here. He can't even just offer a criticism, he regularly condemns people and tries very hard to marshal others against his enemies. He also accuses his detractors of all these nefarious intentions when it's very fucking simple:

He is critical as hell of people and he will not post his own work.

About Rich? Rich is suddenly public enemy number one? I don't care what Rich posts, even if it is to taunt people. Cause then there's Sensei Muhammad, Windwalker and others. It's all their fault, right? Any time there's an Aiki related thread I can count on Dan like the 9am express to Manhattan to come barging in, condemning bad technique in his eyes, saying how obvious it all is and sucking up all the energy. It's become a joke.

As it stands you're saying because he supposedly has the goods we shouldn't expect people to be civil? And we actually call ourselves "martial artists" when we are fine with a supposedly better man kicking his lessers around the room on a regular basis? That's not the behavior of any teacher of any discipline I respect and certainly not what I ever have tolerated from a martial arts teacher. No skill is worth that crap.

I know, I've met Dan so I'm not allowed an opinion... BUT that being said, you quote the "throws" thread which was a monster thread where the conversation went:
Dan: That isn't what he is saying it is, he is claiming to teach something with a false history, regardless of efficacy.
Others: You're such a badass where are your videos?
Dan: I'm saying that his lineage doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
Others: Where are your videos to prove you can do as well/better/similar

Ad infinitum.

In this thread:
bodywork wrote:Those are all Aikido techniques, done as a connected solo form. It has nothing to do with taiji.
All you had to do, Rich was read the caption. :-\
This is the guy also giving out fake Menkyo Kaidens in TSKSR... good pick.

Seems to be commenting on the video, no counterpoints made - anyone offering a supporting view:

Windwalker wrote:I personally dont have a problem with it, its their work...but others might.
In this case his work should be good enough to stand on its own and not be like anything.......

wayne hansen wrote:No it's not tai chi but a lot that people pass off as tai chi is not either

Apparently there's agreement that there's no need to call it taiji, clearly Dan's opinion was radical and merits the responses at him.

bodywork wrote:His TSKSR statements are erroneous. He was NOT given permission to teach and was repeatedly asked to stop. Later he started awarding menkyo. Pretty difficult since he never achieved such rank himself.

northern mantis wrote:Blood oath??!! If I wasn't on the internet I wouldn't be quite sure what century it is. We live in an age of information and reason, if people are still in the habit of kissing the ass of some master for decades before they can take an art as their own then more fool them.

bodywork wrote:Well it's one thing to look at it from the outside and scoff, laugh, do what ever you want.
But as Marko and I pointed out, its s different story when you enter, agree to terms, make commitments and promises , then break your word.

If the terms are explained to you, and you give your word...
What does that say about that man!

To double down and leave, then give rank in an art you are not part of, moreover offering rank you never achieved? Is fraud.
What's left to discuss?

allen2saint wrote:That "whooshing" sound you hear is Dan and his adherents, once again, sucking all the oxygen out of a post with near Biblical wrath and righteousness. Information age, indeed.

You're right, this was clearly Dan dragging the conversation downhill, those are from the thread in chronological order; who exactly started throwing mud first?
mrlizard123
Santi

Postby windwalker on Fri May 06, 2016 6:57 am

Hey! What a surprise! A Dan student coming to Dan's defense and offering some pretty compelling logic:

2) It's Rich's fault.
3) Even though Dan is absolutely merciless in his criticisms of others videos, he shouldn't be expected to post videos of his own work, because he's so awesome!
4) Hey, you meanie, why are you picking on Dan when you can just leave the post alone?

I don't care what Dan's skill level is. He is a bully and he is a constant poisonous presence here. He can't even just offer a criticism, he regularly condemns people and tries very hard to marshal others against his enemies. He also accuses his detractors of all these nefarious intentions when it's very fucking simple:

About Rich? Rich is suddenly public enemy number one? I don't care what Rich posts, even if it is to taunt people. Cause then there's Sensei Muhammad, Windwalker and others. It's all their fault, right? Any time there's an Aiki related thread I can count on Dan like the 9am express to Manhattan to come barging in, condemning bad technique in his eyes, saying how obvious it all is and sucking up all the energy. It's become a joke.

As it stands you're saying because he supposedly has the goods we shouldn't expect people to be civil? And we actually call ourselves "martial artists" when we are fine with a supposedly better man kicking his lessers around the room on a regular basis? That's not the behavior of any teacher of any discipline I respect and certainly not what I ever have tolerated from a martial arts teacher. No skill is worth that crap.

haha did some one mention "windwalker" ;)

as you know everything is in context ;) or so we are told

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qbNkw6EHo

when clips are presented of someone either a person knows, or by those who know the person that some one knows, in this case "bodywork"
not much is said, direct questions are answered by its in a "context" this seems to be accepted and not questioned.

I look for consistency trying to understand others points of view.

In this case it seems to be very consistent but understandable with those that have met others they get support, or support their colleagues by not applying the same line of questioning to clips viewed.

Those who they have not met, even among famous proven people they get questioned as with "Peter Ralston"
who I would have thought most would not have,
having a track record that can easily be checked out by those who feel the need too.

I do find it interesting at times very predicable.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby mrlizard123 on Fri May 06, 2016 7:09 am

Further:
allen2saint wrote:1) Dan is really good so we shouldn't expect civil behavior from him.
2) It's Rich's fault.

1) I think people assign too much vitriol and not enough amusement to the mental tone with which Dan posts; I'd be surprised if he doesn't find these things to be a hoot.
2) This thread? Well... he did start it...
3) Of all the people who are supportive of any given video I expect to see you there holding them to the same measure, obviously they have to have a video showing the same material as well, not just any video, to be clear on their skill level in a given area... though you probably won't, not least of all because it's absurd.
4) I never said "you meanie" just that it's pointless; I don't need to "defend" Dan from people "picking on" him, he's big enough and ugly enough to defend himself, just calling what I see - you're free to disregard my opinions if you so wish.
mrlizard123
Santi

Postby windwalker on Fri May 06, 2016 7:10 am

mrlizard123 wrote:[
In this thread:
bodywork wrote:Those are all Aikido techniques, done as a connected solo form. It has nothing to do with taiji.
All you had to do, Rich was read the caption. :-\
This is the guy also giving out fake Menkyo Kaidens in TSKSR... good pick.

which says "In 2003, Sugawara Sensei introduced the Taichi style Aikido 42 Forms. The kata, which is a series of Aikido techniques, was formed in just over 2 days" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRJ0HeQkcs

Seems like he himself calls it "taichi style Aikido 42 Forms" I dont have a problem with this as I mentioned.
Whether its "taiji" like or not I leave for others to decide. I would have thought for being such a skilled teacher he could have called it anything
except to name it as such inviting comparisons which others have noted.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri May 06, 2016 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby allen2saint on Fri May 06, 2016 7:26 am

Lol, where've you been for the past two years on RSF( that I know of)? This is about Dan's now chronic issue. At this point, his every thread turns into a war and much of it he has brought upon himself.

You know what, I understand what it is to be the student of an embattled teacher. I stood there while a very high ranking person disrespected my teacher in public and I was furious. But even then, I had there wherewithal to ask myself what the rights and wrongs of the situation were. The fact is your teacher behaves like a rude, obnoxious bully on this forum. He has for years. Does he save cats from trees and help old ladies cross the street in person? I highly doubt it, but its possible. He certainly seems quite impressed with his own prowess in his comments here, if you choose to read.

As I've mentioned in the past, I do chaplain work in hospitals and nursing homes. My little secret is that I learned all about the very worst of human behavior and group dynamics; ego, us vs then mentality, worship of power, bullying, witch hunts in the name of orthodoxy, from the world of MA. It prepared me for the world of religious service quite well, but I learned it in MA. And the behavior exhibited by Dan and the tolerance of it is quite exemplary of these problems.
Last edited by allen2saint on Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
allen2saint
Wuji

Postby Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 7:30 am

Mrlizard123, funny how of your 22 posts they are postings of adherent sycophant nature. It is all a matter of standards and acceptable social behavior. The protesting from myself and others due to the lack of tolerance for the sophomoric name calling, badgering, brash derogation, bullying, intimidation, calumny, villainousness, trolling, insulting, maliciousness, goading, pejorative, and the list goes on. To say the least such behavior is destructive and demoralizing done simply for the needs of ego, and the sense of self-importance is an abomination.

Such repugnant behavior, as I said before makes more enemies than friends. When a target is identified the attacks are not only directed exclusively at an individual, but to all and those the individual is associated or related. At times individual to maintain their participation much enduring the onslaught of chorus of derogation and humiliation freely imposed on them. There is no protest or self-defense for such individuals, one simple rebuttal, or calling them on their shit and they are admonished and further intensely ridiculed. A privilege freely exercised to exploit fault and humiliate those deemed lesser or a threat merely because they can. All of which is a hypocrisy by design.

It is the greater social moral and ethic civility that stands behind the protesting and calling out of such unacceptable behavior demonstrated by a privileged select few. is at the core of any civilized social environment. You may not agree and feel such behavior is permissible and freely given to one individual and his company. A person you clearly see such appalling behavior is his right. And those who protest or in disagreement against such behavior, are rallied against in a concerted effort to be squelched and discredited in punitive delight and self-imposed superiority. That is pretty screwed up, as such group thought and dynamic warrants alarm. Maybe that is why there are those who would rather silence the alarm.
Last edited by Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ah Louis

Postby Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 7:58 am

mrlizard123, ever take a thread count of how many threads Dan and company are in that by their hands become disrupted with antics, ending up focusing on Dan. Like this one. This thread started by Rich, came to exist in BTDT, because of what Dan posted. It wasn't because Rich was remotely guilty of Dan and crew's unfounded and false accusations; a tactic to publicly humiliate and discredit Rich to justify their self serving agenda . No that isn't the reason, Dan was trolling me. He has been doing so for sometime, trying to get under my skin by attacking my art, its foundations and my teacher. BTW, Dan doesn't state who his teachers are, if any, what is foundations are or where the come from, if any, or where his skills come from. In this case, no one can do the same to him as he is doing to others. He gets very defensive when you do, and his adherents jump to his defense. How convenient of a rule. So go back and look at threads and posts, you will see an unsavory, unethical tactic and pattern being aggressively employed in many posts where Dan and his crew's posts. One that severs his agenda of self promotion, ego, and self imposed importance as a martial arts teacher and business owner. A means for the purpose of getting attention and credibly am guessing.

I suspect there are other reason's why Dan doesn't come forward and present (video or in writing) with certain martial arts information in relation to himself. Why he focuses to attack and degrade specific people and arts, and then oddly enough often will saddle up with them is revealing enough.
Last edited by Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 8:08 am, edited 9 times in total.
Ah Louis

Postby mrlizard123 on Fri May 06, 2016 8:01 am

Ah Louis wrote:Mrlizard123, funny how of your 22 posts they are postings of adherent sycophant nature. It is all a matter of standards and acceptable social behavior. The protesting from myself and others due to the lack of tolerance for the sophomoric name calling...

Howdy John! I feel like we should be on first name terms, please feel free to call me Mr,

You definitely showed me how to behave, calling me a sycophant in the first sentence then in the second bemoaning the alleged name calling; truly I should aspire to be more like you.

I may have 25 posts (including this one) which you consider to be all/mostly(you said 22 and it was 24, which are the odd two out?) sycophantic; I've taken a couple months shy of four years to rack up that impressive score. I think the majority of them are less sycophantic and more irreverent but you're entitled to your opinion, very little value to me though it has; it's unlikely that tears will be shed or sleep lost so please have at it with your [whatever name calling is called when it's ok for you to do it].

You, on the other hand, have taken 6 months 3 days to rack up 261 (you posted again whilst I was composing, almost had me there!) posts which appear to be, almost entirely, long-winded empty ramblings with the occasional meme-esque photo; I dread to think about how much your keyboard has suffered over your 10 paragraphs to make one poorly expressed simple point; I truly am impressed by how many words it takes you to say little to nothing.

It's funny how you came in here (RSF) self-righteous... logic blazing, looking to kick ass and take... CVs; then got upset and decided to leave, but didn't.

I have been told I talk too much, but thankfully now I can just direct them to one of your posts and the bar is instantly reset!

Have a nice day!
Mr

PS: You use the word "rallied" is this in reference to that time I used "railing" and you mis-read it?
Ah Louis wrote:...those who protest or in disagreement against such behavior, are rallied against...
Last edited by mrlizard123 on Fri May 06, 2016 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
mrlizard123
Santi

Postby mrlizard123 on Fri May 06, 2016 8:17 am

Ah Louis wrote:mrlizard123, ever take a thread count of how many threads Dan and company are in that by their hands become disrupted with antics, ending up focusing on Dan. Like this one. This thread started by Rich, came to exist in BTDT, because of what Dan posted. It wasn't because Rich was remotely guilty of Dan and crew's unfounded and false accusations; a tactic to publicly humiliate and discredit Rich to justify their self serving agenda . No that isn't the reason, Dan was trolling me. He has been doing so for sometime, trying to get under my skin by attacking my art, its foundations and my teacher. BTW, Dan doesn't state who his teachers are, if any, what is foundations are or where the come from, if any, or where his skills come from. In this case, no one can do the same to him as he is doing to others. He gets very defensive when you do, and his adherents jump to his defense. How convenient of a rule. So go back and look at threads and posts, you will see an unsavory, unethical tactic and pattern being aggressively employed in many posts where Dan and his crew's posts. One that severs his agenda of self promotion, ego, and self imposed importance as a martial arts teacher and business owner. A means for the purpose of getting attention and credibly am guessing.

I suspect there are other reason's why Dan doesn't come forward with certain martial arts information in relation to himself. Why he focused to attack certain people and arts, of which he then saddles up with.

You interpret things to fit your narrative, I don't need to go back and read, I've been here a while I'm just not as frequent a poster; my interpretation:
  • Dan doesn't come on here saying "I'm teaching x art with y credentials." he says "My credentials are in my hands, having rank doesn't equate to skill, welcome to come and learn more." (paraphrase).
  • He posts that others who say "I'm teaching X art with Y credentials" are not doing what they say they're doing.
  • You can reinterpret this is you like to "sever" your agenda (sounds brutal btw, but I like it, I might use that whilst "rallying" about things) but that doesn't change the detail

I also (above) listed a chronological set of quotes above from this thread indicating that it doesn't appear to have been Dan being rude, just stating that x is not y before people started making snide remarks; you could try constructive a post with facts/quotes if you like, give it a shot, it's fun!

I would be interested to see the % of your post's words that are the word "business" and its derivatives, it might rank (no pun intended) right up there with "legitimate"; you clearly have a bee in your bonnet about something.
Last edited by mrlizard123 on Fri May 06, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrlizard123
Santi

Postby Dmitri on Fri May 06, 2016 12:16 pm

So I'm confused... is it Dan, or is it "them"? You're sending mixed messages there.
Within one single post, you write:

Ah Louis wrote:Dan posted

Dan and company

Dan was

Dan and crew's unfounded [...] their self serving agenda

Dan doesn't

Dan and his crew's posts

So which is it, "he" or "they"?
More importantly -- can we get the head count? I'd love to know who Dan's "crew" consists of. And more interestingly yet -- why you think so, IOW what qualifies one to be counted in his "crew".

I suspect there are other reason's why Dan doesn't come forward and present (video or in writing) with certain martial arts information in relation to himself. Why he focuses to attack and degrade specific people and arts, and then oddly enough often will saddle up with them is revealing enough.

What reasons, can you elaborate/clarify?

Thank you
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri May 06, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 12:39 pm

mrlizard123 wrote:
Ah Louis wrote:mrlizard123, ever take a thread count of how many threads Dan and company are in that by their hands become disrupted with antics, ending up focusing on Dan. Like this one. This thread started by Rich, came to exist in BTDT, because of what Dan posted. It wasn't because Rich was remotely guilty of Dan and crew's unfounded and false accusations; a tactic to publicly humiliate and discredit Rich to justify their self serving agenda . No that isn't the reason, Dan was trolling me. He has been doing so for sometime, trying to get under my skin by attacking my art, its foundations and my teacher. BTW, Dan doesn't state who his teachers are, if any, what is foundations are or where the come from, if any, or where his skills come from. In this case, no one can do the same to him as he is doing to others. He gets very defensive when you do, and his adherents jump to his defense. How convenient of a rule. So go back and look at threads and posts, you will see an unsavory, unethical tactic and pattern being aggressively employed in many posts where Dan and his crew's posts. One that severs his agenda of self promotion, ego, and self imposed importance as a martial arts teacher and business owner. A means for the purpose of getting attention and credibly am guessing.

I suspect there are other reason's why Dan doesn't come forward with certain martial arts information in relation to himself. Why he focused to attack certain people and arts, of which he then saddles up with.

You interpret things to fit your narrative, I don't need to go back and read, I've been here a while I'm just not as frequent a poster; my interpretation:
  • Dan doesn't come on here saying "I'm teaching x art with y credentials." he says "My credentials are in my hands, having rank doesn't equate to skill, welcome to come and learn more." (paraphrase).
  • He posts that others who say "I'm teaching X art with Y credentials" are not doing what they say they're doing.
  • You can reinterpret this is you like to "sever" your agenda (sounds brutal btw, but I like it, I might use that whilst "rallying" about things) but that doesn't change the detail

I also (above) listed a chronological set of quotes above from this thread indicating that it doesn't appear to have been Dan being rude, just stating that x is not y before people started making snide remarks; you could try constructive a post with facts/quotes if you like, give it a shot, it's fun!

I would be interested to see the % of your post's words that are the word "business" and its derivatives, it might rank (no pun intended) right up there with "legitimate"; you clearly have a bee in your bonnet about something.
mrlizard123 wrote:
Ah Louis wrote:Mrlizard123, funny how of your 22 posts they are postings of adherent sycophant nature. It is all a matter of standards and acceptable social behavior. The protesting from myself and others due to the lack of tolerance for the sophomoric name calling...

Howdy John! I feel like we should be on first name terms, please feel free to call me Mr,

You definitely showed me how to behave, calling me a sycophant in the first sentence then in the second bemoaning the alleged name calling; truly I should aspire to be more like you.

I may have 25 posts (including this one) which you consider to be all/mostly(you said 22 and it was 24, which are the odd two out?) sycophantic; I've taken a couple months shy of four years to rack up that impressive score. I think the majority of them are less sycophantic and more irreverent but you're entitled to your opinion, very little value to me though it has; it's unlikely that tears will be shed or sleep lost so please have at it with your [whatever name calling is called when it's ok for you to do it].

You, on the other hand, have taken 6 months 3 days to rack up 261 (you posted again whilst I was composing, almost had me there!) posts which appear to be, almost entirely, long-winded empty ramblings with the occasional meme-esque photo; I dread to think about how much your keyboard has suffered over your 10 paragraphs to make one poorly expressed simple point; I truly am impressed by how many words it takes you to say little to nothing.

It's funny how you came in here (RSF) self-righteous... logic blazing, looking to kick ass and take... CVs; then got upset and decided to leave, but didn't.

I have been told I talk too much, but thankfully now I can just direct them to one of your posts and the bar is instantly reset!

Have a nice day!
Mr

PS: You use the word "rallied" is this in reference to that time I used "railing" and you mis-read it?
Ah Louis wrote:...those who protest or in disagreement against such behavior, are rallied against...

A few bullet points:

1. I have heard all the recycled excuses ad nauseum.
2. The duplicity is thinly veiled.
3. The attempts at red herrings are futile. The real issue is the the over the top, downright vicious abusive attack on other posters taken from a page out of a poor man's Donald Trump play book.
4. The responses ideally support mine and other's points and concern.
5. People who throw rocks shouldn't live is glass houses.
6. You and your crew enjoy making enemies, and rather enjoy creating drama than seeking resolution.
7. Beetle Juice.
8. Not interested in responses from the votary, as their simple function is to distract, protect, and carry on the Dan-ism faith and the bidding; needing constant reassurance.
Last edited by Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Ah Louis

Postby Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 12:42 pm

Dmitri wrote:So I'm confused... is it Dan, or is it "them"? You're sending mixed messages there.
Within one single post, you write:

Ah Louis wrote:Dan posted

Dan and company

Dan was

Dan and crew's unfounded [...] their self serving agenda

Dan doesn't

Dan and his crew's posts

So which is it, "he" or "they"?
More importantly -- can we get the head count? I'd love to know who Dan's "crew" consists of. And more interestingly yet -- why you think so, IOW what qualifies one to be counted in his "crew".

What reasons, can you elaborate/clarify?

Thank you

Your welcome, but no thank you.
Ah Louis

Postby Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 1:16 pm

windwalker wrote:

2) It's Rich's fault.

haha did some one mention "windwalker" ;)

as you know everything is in context ;) or so we are told

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qbNkw6EHo

when clips are presented of someone either a person knows, or by those who know the person that some one knows, in this case "bodywork"
not much is said, direct questions are answered by its in a "context" this seems to be accepted and not questioned.

I look for consistency trying to understand others points of view.

In this case it seems to be very consistent but understandable with those that have met others they get support, or support their colleagues by not applying the same line of questioning to clips viewed.

Those who they have not met, even among famous proven people they get questioned as with "Peter Ralston"
who I would have thought most would not have,
having a track record that can easily be checked out by those who feel the need too.

I do find it interesting at times very predicable.

Spot on very good post.
Last edited by Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ah Louis

Postby Dmitri on Fri May 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Ah Louis wrote:no thank you.

Heh... Yeah. :-X
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 2:49 pm

Dmitri wrote:
Ah Louis wrote:no thank you.

Heh... Yeah. :-X

Sorry to disappoint, I know you where chopping at the bit. But, this thread isn't about Dan. It is about Aikido and Taiji, something Dan want's squelched. Why you are so concerned is beyond me. Dan went on the attack right out of the gate. Many of us, discussed our disapproval for such behavior, what that has to do with you, why you feel the need to defend Dan, is unclear. Why you are baiting me is unclear as I never mentioned you. This what the terms use to describe Dan's crew as adherent, sycophant, etc. was referring to. You guys get involved in matters adding and perpetuating conflict, distress, strife and drama for no other purpose then for the pleasure of it. Matters that have nothing to do with you, yet enjoy the dog piling upon those earmarked by Dan as targets. People you have little knowledge of or experience with. I liken it to this metaphor, the releasing of the hounds; representing loyal and obedient help. This behavior in proper society is generally considered appalling and unacceptable. Such behavior on the internet is deemed it as trolling and such people are deemed as trolls. Both of which is hated on the internet.

You are an intelligent person, I will not make judgements or comment on what role you play in all this. That is up to you, as I have no beef with you. :)
Last edited by Ah Louis on Fri May 06, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ah Louis

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links