Documentaries Chen Taiji Hong Method with Liu Chengde

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Documentaries Chen Taiji Hong Method with Liu Chengde

Postby marvin8 on Sun May 15, 2016 7:37 am

For English Subtitles, click on settings > Subtitles/CC > Auto-translate > Scroll down to English.

Published on May 3, 2014
(google translate)
The secret of "Cocoon of Silk" Taiji Quan Chen style schools Hong described and narrated by Grand Master Liu Cheng De, great cobattente China who has devoted the last 40 years of his life to the study and practice of this ancient, fascinating and efficient martial art; Interview of Maestro Salvatore Cafiero, direct descendant in Europe of this ancient lineage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws4a4tv4Wkw

Uploaded on Oct 9, 2011
This video shows several examples of Master Liu's skills and how his Taiji is performed. Filmed in Italy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZkBEBtqMJc
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Documentaries Chen Taiji Hong Method with Liu Chengde

Postby nicklinjm on Wed May 18, 2016 9:57 am

Thanks for posting these. As I don't understand Italian the long parts of the documentary covering the history and philosophy of taijiquan were pretty snoozeworthy.

Most interesting part for me was seeing M Liu demonstrate his qinna skills in a push hands setting, he really has you both coming and going. The demonstration of I think 3 linked qinna usages for Chen style's Jin Gang Dao Dui at the end of the second video was a real eye opener, have never seen it used that way before. From the expression of the uke it must have hurt like hell!
nicklinjm
Wuji

Re: Documentaries Chen Taiji Hong Method with Liu Chengde

Postby marvin8 on Wed May 18, 2016 10:58 am

nicklinjm wrote:Thanks for posting these. As I don't understand Italian the long parts of the documentary covering the history and philosophy of taijiquan were pretty snoozeworthy.

I want to revise my instructions to access the English subtitles:

Click on Youtube (to go to Youtube directly) > Settings > Subtitles/CC > Auto-translate > Italian (auto-generated) > Subtitles/CC > Auto-translate > scroll down to English> CC (if necessary) > click anywhere on page, other than the menu.

I realize this may not help, as the translation is poor.
marvin8
Wuji

Return to Video Links