Jake Mace meets Master Ken

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Jake Mace meets Master Ken

Postby GrahamB on Thu May 19, 2016 8:25 am

We knew his techniques were ineffective, but it took a True Master like Master Ken to reveal all the weaknesses...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td0qm4WNA68

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Jake Mace meets Master Ken

Postby Mr_Wood on Thu May 19, 2016 12:16 pm

thats hilarious. kind of like jake mace a little more now. just a little. he's still too bloody perfect for my liking :D
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby northern_mantis on Fri May 20, 2016 5:17 am

Good on him for stepping up and having a laugh at himself.

I've got a lot of time for him. He's achieved a lot in terms of skill and physique, being a vegan too that's no joke getting that ripped. It's just unfortunate the way he moves is a little uncomfortable to watch sometimes and seems to indicate a missing link in his martial arts skills. Would probably make a good teacher and role model for most people though.
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby ashe on Fri May 20, 2016 10:52 am

I've met Jake in person at his home here in AZ. Shaolin-Do will always be Shaolin-Do, but I can tell you, that if nothing else, he LIVES his ideals. He's out there doing it, day in and day out.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sat May 21, 2016 2:47 am

O,
it`s very good clip, I particularly love the chop of Master Ken :)
Never met the Jake, but he always looks seriously engaged,
Sad, that he looks always like hardly animated wooden painter model.
Time to switch the method,... Jake?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat May 21, 2016 8:27 am

It kinda demonstrates how ineffective the art, as jake sells it, to be quite easily countered. To laugh at ones self though is truly an exercise in humility.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Sat May 21, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby willie on Sat May 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:It kinda demonstrates how ineffective the art, as jake sells it, to be quite easily countered. To laugh at ones self though is truly an exercise in humility.

I don't like him.
he put up some delusional video stating "5 easy steps to be a taiji master", he has no clue.
That attracted all the people who just want some instant glorification.
Last edited by willie on Sat May 21, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby northern_mantis on Sat May 21, 2016 2:58 pm

No need to feel threatened by him. Anybody who does their research will figure that what he does is somewhat superficial and that he's got his marketing thing going on. But equally if someone is presenting a fighting art that takes a decade to get working well then they need to take a good look at themselves and maybe modernise their methods.
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby willie on Sat May 21, 2016 3:03 pm

northern_mantis wrote:No need to feel threatened by him. Anybody who does their research will figure that what he does is somewhat superficial and that he's got his marketing thing going on. But equally if someone is presenting a fighting art that takes a decade to get working well then they need to take a good look at themselves and maybe modernise their methods.

Maybe, Just Maybe, it's better to truly understand what they had before you decide to change it.
"It needs NO modernization".
Last edited by willie on Sat May 21, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby northern_mantis on Sun May 22, 2016 2:58 am

I get your position, just playing devils advocate. But what is it you're trying to recreate?

If it's health then the example of past tai chi masters isn't great, for this Jake would be your man, same with fitness. If it's long life then again the example of tai chi masters of old is poor, maybe look at okinawan diet or something. If its fighting ability, well there's much quicker and more well documented methods. And we could go on.

I guess the whole unusual power thing is fun in itself and takes time but the applications are limited, or maybe some spiritual attainment but then you could just go and do some ayahuasca and get your mind blown. I would be genuinely interested in hearing what you are looking for such that you would have such admirable dedication to it?
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby willie on Sun May 22, 2016 4:21 am

northern_mantis wrote:I get your position, just playing devils advocate. But what is it you're trying to recreate?

If it's health then the example of past tai chi masters isn't great, for this Jake would be your man, same with fitness. If it's long life then again the example of tai chi masters of old is poor, maybe look at okinawan diet or something. If its fighting ability, well there's much quicker and more well documented methods. And we could go on.

I guess the whole unusual power thing is fun in itself and takes time but the applications are limited, or maybe some spiritual attainment but then you could just go and do some ayahuasca and get your mind blown. I would be genuinely interested in hearing what you are looking for such that you would have such admirable dedication to it?

i'm sorry man, I just cant bear the thought of talking seriously on this thread. makes me want to vomit.
Last edited by willie on Sun May 22, 2016 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby northern_mantis on Sun May 22, 2016 8:10 am

willie wrote:
northern_mantis wrote:I get your position, just playing devils advocate. But what is it you're trying to recreate?

i'm sorry man, I just cant bear the thought of talking seriously on this thread. makes me want to vomit.

Haha fair enough. The atmosphere has been weird enough on here recently without us making it worse. I'll read some of your other posts, no doubt will give me a clue where you're coming from. Enjoy your weekend :)
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby shawnsegler on Wed May 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Threatened? See this is what has got me into more arguments and broken my relationship with more confused people then I can tell you. It's not about being angry at him for no reason it's part of a bigger problem here in America in the 21st century. It's the tide of anti-intellectualism. It's the social justice warriors trying to control what people say and giving everyone the idea that their ideas are equally valid with any other idea. That if they are "living their dream" that that somehow ennobles.

We live in a very special time where we have the ability to say what we want about anything, where everyone can march into the market square of the internet and make their voice heard and that has inherent dangers. It is so important to give our adulation to that which is true and those who attempt to help us move forward during a time of danger to our whole race, and yet we have to deal with the same monkey posturing our race has had to deal with since the dawn of time and the idea that we need to give every Dick and Jake the same sort of respect that we give to real people doing real things is retarded.

We are so lucky to have freedom of speech and I'm glad that Jake and others like him have their platform but lets not miss the forest for the trees. We need to be able to call out lying and stupidity for what they are in every venue because it's TOO EASY to have lies and credulity get out of control and then the folks that "just want to get along" at the cost of anything will get behind the stupidity and credulity every time and then they have weight..then we have people acting as though the idea that the world was created 6000 years ago should have equal footing with Evolution. We have 0 respect for ICMA not because of Jake but because of and supported by him and folks like him. We have hillbillies in their mighty numbers supporting sinister sociopaths who think this life is a game and whoever gets the most stuff win as they destroy our groundwater with fracking.

We have to support Truth and Intellectualism and Science and spit on Lies and scams and stupidity in every venue or it will creep back and Jake is part of that. A small part, but a part. Give him respect. Never.

My 2c.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby slowEdie on Wed May 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Nice one Shawn ++

Jake Sux &

Jake should stick to selling toothpaste and Karate. I seriously doubt he can retrain his body
slowEdie
Anjing

Postby willie on Wed May 25, 2016 1:02 pm

shawnsegler wrote:Threatened? See this is what has got me into more arguments and broken my relationship with more confused people then I can tell you. It's not about being angry at him for no reason it's part of a bigger problem here in America in the 21st century. It's the tide of anti-intellectualism. It's the social justice warriors trying to control what people say and giving everyone the idea that their ideas are equally valid with any other idea. That if they are "living their dream" that that somehow ennobles.

We live in a very special time where we have the ability to say what we want about anything, where everyone can march into the market square of the internet and make their voice heard and that has inherent dangers. It is so important to give our adulation to that which is true and those who attempt to help us move forward during a time of danger to our whole race, and yet we have to deal with the same monkey posturing our race has had to deal with since the dawn of time and the idea that we need to give every Dick and Jake the same sort of respect that we give to real people doing real things is retarded.

We are so lucky to have freedom of speech and I'm glad that Jake and others like him have their platform but lets not miss the forest for the trees. We need to be able to call out lying and stupidity for what they are in every venue because it's TOO EASY to have lies and credulity get out of control and then the folks that "just want to get along" at the cost of anything will get behind the stupidity and credulity every time and then they have weight..then we have people acting as though the idea that the world was created 6000 years ago should have equal footing with Evolution. We have 0 respect for ICMA not because of Jake but because of and supported by him and folks like him. We have hillbillies in their mighty numbers supporting sinister sociopaths who think this life is a game and whoever gets the most stuff win as they destroy our groundwater with fracking.

We have to support Truth and Intellectualism and Science and spit on Lies and scams and stupidity in every venue or it will creep back and Jake is part of that. A small part, but a part. Give him respect. Never.

My 2c.

S

or we could just say, f.... it.
one things for sure, there is a hell of a lot of good artist's from other styles that ran into someone who was a real IMA guy along the way.
Those artist's stuck with this incredibly hard to learn art for a reason. I'm sure that they are not incompetent.
willie

Next

Return to Video Links