knife stuff -

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: knife stuff -

Postby Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:41 pm

emptycloud wrote:
Bodywork wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:Looks like someone who came up with his own moves after playing with dull training knives for too long.

The numerous instances in which he allows the blade to rest on his tricep and elbow are simply suicidal.

It's another instance of too much playing in limited environments.
Aikido people fall victim to this. Uke/nage is great to TRAIN your shit, but then you need to pressure test it outside of aikido or YOU?.... You end up with? Shit!
They think testing it on an aikido crash test dummy?
IS... pressure.
It leads to a never ending series of false positives all based on the blind leading the blind.
Few have the stomach to try and make IP/aiki viable against wrestlers/ jujutsu/MMA people.
Why?
When you first start out....
It hurts! ;)

Bruno loves his MMA and all the rest. It would be neat if you guys could meet so that Bruno could round things of with aiki. I will let him know your existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJINbaCFNA8

I have nothing to say to him or you, until after you experience the longest 5 minutes of your life with a practice blade in my hands or anyone who knows how to use one and either of you tries ANY of that useless, shit.
Then and only then would you be worth talking to.
I am sure you're nice aikido people, but....
You don't know what you're doing
And you don't even know that you don't know what you're doing.
Last edited by Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby emptycloud on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:56 pm

Dan

its all context.

I had a knife pulled on me twice, my training worked like a charm...

still here..

the knife danger in this town is the sucker punch equivalent.. that requires a different kind of training to avoid..

ps

"I have nothing to say to him or you, until after you experience the longest 5 minutes of your life with a practice blade in my hands and either of you tries ANY of that useless, shit."

Thats kinda kinky sounding Dan, will you be wearing tight pants...?

pps

the real knife experience will still linger longer in my mind than any 5 minute virtual reality...simulated violence is not real violence...its all context..
Last edited by emptycloud on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emptycloud

Postby Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:07 pm

No it isn't context.
There are ways to use various weapons, effectively.
In order to understand a defense, you would need to begin there.
As for context?
As another poster mentionedthe, video was a self reinforcing loop of inept attacks leading to false conclusions.
Bodywork

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:40 pm

For knife work I will go with the phillipinos
They train in a similar manner
And as they say in the phillipines
Every hand holds a knife
Yes they do train with live blades but not all the time
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:46 pm

emptycloud wrote:Dan

its all context.

I had a knife pulled on me twice, my training worked like a charm...

still here..

the knife danger in this town is the sucker punch equivalent.. that requires a different kind of training to avoid..

ps

"I have nothing to say to him or you, until after you experience the longest 5 minutes of your life with a practice blade in my hands and either of you tries ANY of that useless, shit."

Thats kinda kinky sounding Dan, will you be wearing tight pants...?

pps

the real knife experience will still linger longer in my mind than any 5 minute virtual reality...simulated violence is not real violence...its all context..

Rich
I've had my life in my hands at the end of a knife three times. With the scars to prove it. Let's leave the dick measuring out of this.
There are many men who know how to use weapons effectively who never had to face one in reality. the point is training with and facing someone who knows how to use one generates effective defense and offense in dealing with that.
It creates a positive, reinforcing, OODA loop.
Bodywork

Postby Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:49 pm

wayne hansen wrote:For knife work I will go with the phillipinos
They train in a similar manner
And as they say in the phillipines
Every hand holds a knife
Yes they do train with live blades but not all the time

I more or less agree.
I have pics on my phone of an older Indonesian guy from back in the day. Men opened up nipple to nipple, and across the back, down the arm. Truly gruesome.
Some guys here have seen those pics and know the man as well.
I prefer stabbing and slice/ stabbing approaches over raking cuts myself. But this old ex aikido, ex army ex kung fury guy was a true to life bad ass.
Last edited by Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby windwalker on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Bodywork wrote:I have nothing to say to anyone who thinks any of this goofy attacker shit will work.
Its pointless to even begin. You need your martial eyes opened. This stuff is pure nonsense that will see you maimed or killed.

matters little to me just wanted see your response
considering

Published on Mar 19, 2013
Street survival techniques for Men and Women featuring Roy Goldberg and Miguel Ibarra. Diane Hughes appears with Mike Belzer demonstrating woman's street survival techniques. Bernie Lau is featured showing pistol and knife defense,fear control, environmental awareness and more.

I do find it odd, that for most part what is shown according to you will not work, and what is not shown by you will.
Only its not shown

nice ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:56 pm

windwalker wrote:
Bodywork wrote:I have nothing to say to anyone who thinks any of this goofy attacker shit will work.
Its pointless to even begin. You need your martial eyes opened. This stuff is pure nonsense that will see you maimed or killed.

matters little to me just wanted see your response
considering

Published on Mar 19, 2013
Street survival techniques for Men and Women featuring Roy Goldberg and Miguel Ibarra. Diane Hughes appears with Mike Belzer demonstrating woman's street survival techniques. Bernie Lau is featured showing pistol and knife defense,fear control, environmental awareness and more.

I do find it odd, that for most part what is shown according to you will not work, and what is not shown by you will.
Only its not shown

nice ;)

As I said there are many...so many... guys who know their way around weapons.
You took videos from these guys younger years. They all know better now. That said, all three can actually fight, outside of kata. One of them has had his life in his hands many times since then as a cop.
I have no idea whether this Bruno chap can fight or not. Let's give him creds that he can.
That said.
That knife stuff?
Just isn't good. And the attacks are ridiculous.
Last edited by Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bodywork

Postby windwalker on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:02 pm

I've had my life in my hands at the end of a knife three times. With the scars to prove it. Let's leave the dick measuring out of this.

help me understand this, you first say he has no experience from which to make good judgments from. Then when he presents it, he's told to disregard it.

There are many men who know how to use weapons effectively who never had to face one in reality.

which he has, but he should disregard his experience because?

the point is training with and facing someone who knows how to use one generates effective defense and offense in dealing with that.
It creates a positive, reinforcing, OODA loop.

seems confused, his training did work as it was supposed to and yet he's told to disregard the results because it did. Apparently the one using the knife wasn't trained well enough to make it effective.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Last edited by Bodywork on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bodywork

Postby windwalker on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:13 pm

As I said there are many...so many... guys who know their way around weapons.
You took videos from these guys younger years. They all know better now.
I have no idea whether this Bruno chap can fight or not. Let's give him creds that he can.
That said.

now they know better?

instead of being a productive discussion it starts off with

There is no badness there, Rich.
People who know how to use a knife don't move or attack like that, Rich. Nor does your average domestic husband/housewife, drunk or idiot.
The defense are examples and not fighting, but they are still highly problematic.
I understand that you don't know that, or anything about that subject.

I would think anything that is not tested or encountered on an ongoing basis would be problematic and always could be done better by those who
need the skill sets and do study them. In the Army in the 70s we worked with bayonet attacks with and with out rifles. One of the main points is dealing with some one intent on killing you.....or you killing them.....its not something some one wins..they only survive it.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Last edited by Bodywork on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bodywork

Postby Ian on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Some better defense:

Some better attacks:

Ian

Postby emptycloud on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:51 am

Bruno on the solo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx6PuAY3GLY

all this knife stuff is making me queasy..
Last edited by emptycloud on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

Postby Bodywork on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:02 am

Last edited by Bodywork on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links